Prunus cerasifera

Kannapolis, NC

Our purple leaf plum has a few blossoms on it today! Spring can't be far away now.

I'll try to get a photo and post it.

Kannapolis, NC

Okay. Here's yesterday's photo of my purple leaf plum blossoms. They are so lovely!

This message was edited Mar 1, 2009 9:09 AM

Thumbnail by Hemophobic
Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

You must be a week or a few days ahead of me; mine are threatening to bloom.
It is so pretty!
Chhristie

Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

I'll be down in Dale Earnhardt Sr. territory in three weeks. Spring will be in full swing. It's beautiful there.

Kannapolis, NC

Dale's mother, Martha, lives the next street over from us. I remember so well when he died. The whole town mourned his loss.

Thanks, Christie. It's always lovely in bloom and the purple leaves I enjoy throughout the season.

Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

On our hallway wall is the historically preserved and framed front page of the Velosuia County Fl. "Racing News" dated February 16, 1998, the Monday after he won the Daytona 500. We had the entire sports section treated for preservation at our local University facility. Kannapolis wasn't the only place where was mourned. We were at the Daytona the year he won. We were home watching when the accident happened. I'll never forget it. Anybody who knew racing knew that that hit was as bad as it could be. A bunch of our racing friends came over and we sat through the night listening to the news. NW Ohio is big on racing and big on NASCAR.

But hey, this is about gardening and spring. I can't wait for spring!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.