Lasik

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Didn't know what other forum this could fit lol.

I had lasik done in 2005 for a cash payment of 4 grand. I was so disappointed last fall to have failing vision again. For cost reasons I'm just going with contacts again, for now.

Turns out although my vision is still classified as good I have a stigmatism (the SHAPE of your eye) that is so bad it throws off my good vision. Imagine you can see well and then gently pull the skin on your face back next to your eyes. Your vision should blur, even though you have good vision! Anyhow, that's the best way I can think to explain a stigmatism.

Anyhow, doc says lasik CAN fix it but I won't know why mine wasn't more permanent until I save funds to see the lasik surgeon, now in another city, that I originally went to.

Disappointing! Has anyone else had lasik that was successful?

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!