Yesterday was a good day

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

It warmed up quite a bit yesterday and words do not exist to tell you how much it helped my physical and mental state. I was still wearing a jacket and sweatshirt for most of the day but my hands, face and feet were not hurting. It warmed up enough after lunch for me to take my jacket off.

We had the farrier out early yesterday and of course it rained while he was here. It nearly always does. It's so nice to have the dry barn hall to work in as opposed to the mud and slop at the farm. He reset Glory and Godiva. By the time he left the light rain that had been falling was over and the sun was trying to make an appearance. So we took advantage of the nice day. There haven't been many for a looong time and now it is raining again and turning cold. Calling for snow Saturday and into Sunday. Knowing what was on the way, we loaded Glory and Godiva up and went to our friend's house. We met him and his nephew and took a 5 mile ride on a strip job by his house. We had a grand time. I rode Godiva because I want to get her ready for Knock. She was a very good girl. DH rode Glory and I figured she might give him a bit of trouble since it has been months since she was ridden last but she did great. Just really ready to move out. She has really grown into a nice looking mare. But she is still ornery and she can get my dander up faster than any of the others.

This is DH on Glory and our friend Terry on his horse, Ace. Ace was raised on a bottle from 11 days old. A pack of wild dogs ran his dam into a fence and messed her up so bad she had to be put down. Glory has turned black again since we've had her up in the barn. When she runs out she washes out brown as a biscuit. She is much prettier when she is darker.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!