Where can I find...?

Kansas City, MO

I think we are in need of a "where can I find" thread since it is shopping time.

I saw two on Dave's garden that interest me. One is called Palace of Thoughts and the other is a Blyth called Painted Blue. Does anyone know where either of these can be found?

Irisawe

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Hi there,

Blue J Iris has Painted Blue.

On Palace of Thoughts, contact the ones that posted the photos, they may have it for sale.

rose

Beatrice, NE(Zone 5b)

Cooley's sells Palace of Thoughts.

Raleigh, NC

you know, the first year I started seriously buying irises, I made a spreadsheet of every iris being offered by every source I could find,and the price. when I got to Blue J and another one in Idaho, I almost gave up - they each had thousands.

last year I gave it up doing all of it - I spent way too much time and my choices had gone from broad to specific, and just recorded the hybridizers I liked best.

South Hamilton, MA

Everyone should do the best for their garden. There are too many good plants out there to worry about a single one. If you like a certain TB, maybe a similar IB can be grown which extends the season. We do it the other way around of course, median freaks that we are.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I do a spreadsheet just of the new iris I want to buy. Then I add the nurseries that carry them and the prices. Then I make lists for each nursery. I try not to order from places that only have one cultivar that I like because most of them make you purchase at least a minimum order of $20.

South Hamilton, MA

HA HA I don't know how to do spread sheets.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

You do, you just don't know how to do them on line. A spreadsheet is a list of data, such as is used in accounting to total up accounts. I am sure you have done those sometime or the other. You may not know how to do them online, but if you have Excel it is a breeze. I really don't know how to do spreadsheets either. I just type stuff in the blanks and it works!

South Hamilton, MA

Vista here, which I understand can be a pain. Since I had 4 lessons on another program at the public library & that was it, all computers are a pain to me, but a useful pain.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Excel is something you would have in addition to Vista, not instead of. It often comes packaged with Microsoft Word. You may already have it.

South Hamilton, MA

My daughter had to install word for me. If I have excell, how would I find it?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Probably the best way would be to ask your daughter. If you want to check for yourself, you would go to the Start menu ( though I don't know if they even have one on Vista) and find Microsoft Office. If you look at Microsoft Office, it usually includes several products such as Word, Excel and Access. If you have Excel, it would be listed there.

South Hamilton, MA

Thanks, Betty Yes, they have a start

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.