Frangipani Heaven

Magnetic Island, Australia(Zone 11)

OMG, if you love Frangipanis,take a look at these........drop dead gorgeous.....I have already bought some and received them today....beautifully packed and Chris is so generous....I'm a very happy Frangi camper......

I may have to go back for more !!!!!!!

http://shop.ebay.com.au/merchant/frangipani*heaven_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZQQ_sopZ1

Thumbnail by MyaC

What a tease you are Mya ...he he he, we southerners can only drool over such lushness and beauty ...my fancy ones are full of leaves ...no flowers yet ...if we don't have a hot Spring forget it until late autumn and then the cold comes too quickly for them to open fully. How did you go with the purple?
A very big thankyou for your lovely little fat bottoms! love the name don't you ...do you grow them on cactus mix or what? These ones I have are in very fine sort of crumbly stuff (like very fine orchid mix)
What do you recommend? ...a big thanks for those little cuties and the angels too. Yours will be going off on Monday is there anything else you would like? ...I really must write a list now ...so many that I can't remember all the names, wow!
Congratulations on your new frangies ...must be such a delight!

Chrissy I put my desert roses in Searles, cacti and succulent mix ,even the seeds and as you saw, they just thrived.I also use the same with the frangis......

The purple frangi is still teasing me,I'll take a pic in the morning of the inflo and the buds.....If the colour isn't purple, you'll hear my cries of anguish in Sydney...hahahaha

This message was edited Feb 27, 2009 7:29 AM

not quite sure if I previously posted this picture..........

Thumbnail by MyaC

Mya look at this ...I know you might be interested ...in fact we all should be interested. Gonna try it on some boges ...
http://www.plantswap.net/forum/f25/propagating-cuttings-using-forsythe-pots-1264/

Merino, Australia

Thanks for putting up that link Cjrissy. I am going to try it myself. I do have some vermiculite but it was given to me and is very fine. I will have to see if I can buy some that looks a bit more like the stuff used in the link.
Jean.

Thanks for the link chrissy,looks really interesting....

As promised my purple frangi inflo,I'm not quite sure how long it has to go before it flowers, but it will be sure to be within a month...........

Thumbnail by MyaC

beautiful leaves!

Barmera, Australia

Chrissy100 that was a very interesting site. I would cover the new cuttings with a clear plastic bag to maintain humidity. Not necessary if you have a poly or glass house or probably in areas that have high humidity.
Brian

This message was edited Feb 28, 2009 1:23 AM

A week on and look how much Jack's babies have grown......

Can you all see how the inflo has forked.?

Thumbnail by MyaC

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.