Some pics of cannas from this last Spring

Crestview, FL

This last Spring was my first year planting cannas or anything else for that matter and while waiting for them to come back up, as I didn't know how to post pics last year, I thought I would post some pics of the ones I planted last Spring/Summer.

joy112854

Thumbnail by joy112854
Crestview, FL

Here is another one:

Thumbnail by joy112854
Crestview, FL

Another:

Thumbnail by joy112854
Crestview, FL

Some more:

Thumbnail by joy112854
Crestview, FL

Some more:

Thumbnail by joy112854
Crestview, FL

more:

Thumbnail by joy112854
Crestview, FL

More:

Thumbnail by joy112854
Crestview, FL

These under the table are the ones that I planted from seed, the seed came from Park's though, they aren't mine. LOL:

Thumbnail by joy112854
Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

very nice collection you have :>)
Christine

Crestview, FL

Thank you, I hope they all come back this year and will be planting about 50 more also.
joy112854

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

I dont see why they wouldnt come back for you in your area. Here I have to dig them up and store them, this winter I stored them in the bottom of my fridge and are doing fine, I only have 1 kind LOL but I am expecting another type in a swap. Happy digging when you plant the next 50. I'll look for pictures to see them all grown
Christine

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Go out and check!

Last year was my first year with cannas as well. I had three in the gound and two are showing signs of growth. Just a few reddish/greenish sprouts--not much more that an inch. I didn't clear away all of the dead growth from last year, though, so they were sheltered. I think I might be in a colder zone than you so you might have some activity too.

Your photos are so nice. I can see why you can hardly wait for spring--I can't either :)!

Crestview, FL

Yep, this Spring I will be digging them up to divide them and replant them in a freshly tilled rich bed. Then I will plant some new rhizomes. I'm anxious to see how the cannas I planted from seed turn out this Spring.
joy

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

Hi Joy!
Your pictures show some real nice cannas. It will be so exciting to see them start peeping out. I just got my order from Horn in last week and they're all planted now. Whew...I had 24 different bulbs. After all that work, I stood back to admire my work. Well, it just looks like a tag garden right now. I'll be so glad when it looks more like my vision. Should be pretty.

Crestview, FL

Pam: My stuttgart which is my in house baby is close to 5 ft tall now, still hasn't bloomed and my Peach Gigantium is making headway too. I can hardly wait til Spring. Still waiting on my bulbs but not in any hurry, as I have to do the beds first before planting them.
joy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.