Follow the 2009 Hummingbird Migration!!

So happy to see all the reports everyone! Reading all the posts and hearty congratulations just makes my day! Hugs all around :-)

Marlton, NJ

Woohoo!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I think we are loosing the dial up folks.

Marlton, NJ

Is it difficult to open this thread?

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Im on dial up, its new to me, but it does take a long time. My husband is messing with the computer and 'stuff' and dial up is all I have for right now. I didnt realize what a differance cable or dsl really does make. I cant imagine working with pictures.

Marlton, NJ

Okay I'll get it fixed. Thanks GG!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

gardenglory, Seems like that huh? LOL! Actually there were some posts above mine that had gotten deleted by Management and then mine got moved and doesn't go at all with the post above it ( If it did, I'd know I was really losing it and would need more then two Sundays! :)

Marlton, NJ

LOL Iris! Sorry!!!!! ROTFLOL!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

pelletory, Thats ok :) .. It is kinda funny!

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

come on home babies still waiting

South Hamilton, MA

I fear for the northernmost scouts as unless people have feeders, there is not much to eat.

dont worry they are well taken care of up here most people put feeders out I had my first last year mid april and I will have the feeder out at least a week before they are expected that is I got them so early

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

My first Ruby-throated came by today! A pretty female. I posted her pic on the photo thread. I've had my feeder out for two weeks. I live in Rendon, TX, which is just SE of Fort Worth, TX.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

thebestmissy, Congrats on your new arrival! I'll have to go check out the photo!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

I didn't see the photo there?

that is so exciting cant wait for them to get here I just love to sit and watch them like all day long they know its always meal time at my house

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Hummers also eat bugs for protien and we have plenty of bugs out now here...here anyways!

oh ya the bugs are here to saw plenty in the last week the little hummers will be just fine since they have been doing this for millions of years hahahahah

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Speaking of bugs, I couldn't believe all the flies in my compost pile the other day! We had snow yesterday! Not much and it will be gone tomorrow when it warms up, but geez!

I have snow right now....

Wasn't there a new thread for this somewhere....

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

thebestmissy, I did see the nice photo, I thought you had put a different one in the "Photo" forum, Not thinking you ment the birdwatching forum. ... (Senior Moment!)

hummers like the perennial plants in the gardens they just slowdown with the cold and as soon as it warms up they start again

I had spring bulbs that started to grow one january they got to be about four inches tall and then winter started again so they stayed that way till spring really came and they bloomed perfectly

Florence, MS(Zone 8b)

Gonna be cold here tonight and tomorrow night ya'll. The tomatoes, pepper and okra have been covered up. The tropicals are back in the house. Both the male and female hummers were busy today. I guess the Cedar Waxwings knew this cold was coming and that must be the reason they have hung around much longer than usual.

heheheh at least here in zone 5 we know better than to plant anything outside till mid may snow and frost is always a problem till then even when it get to be 80F during the day it can with the wind change still get frost in the early morning hours

so how cold is it suppose to get ??????????

Florence, MS(Zone 8b)

Seems like the forecasters can not agree. Somewhere between 40 and 30. The vinca at work today was already wilting from the north wind.

we are suppose to be in the mid 20's here the next 2 nights..ugh!

Marlton, NJ

Okay I've started a new vol. for this thread so please start posting there. It will be a Sticky pretty soon. :-)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/972346/

Thank You!

Chesapeake, VA(Zone 7b)

Saw my first one today!

Fort Worth, TX

I finally had my first hummingbird sighting today, but he didn't stay long enough for me to get out the binoculars. He was very shy and only flitted up to the feeder for a second before he flew away. It was drizzling rain, so I'm hoping he'll be back now that the sun is out.

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Congrats, Dana! Now he knows where you are. He will be back!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.