Follow the 2009 Hummingbird Migration!!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

I don't even know how they work...I just needed to buy something and that was the cheapest thing I could find!! LOL!

Florence, MS(Zone 8b)

I am very excited about the future of bird conservation. There seems to be a lot more interest in bird watching. We sold far more of all the feeders this winter. We sold out of bluebird and martin houses. Maybe the economy has made people slow down and observe the things around them that are worth saving. I hope so. We have lost way to much habitat.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I hope so f_chisholm. I've notice my neighbourhood Wild Bird Store is busier.

Marlton, NJ

LOL Rose!

Frank and Dalia, I hope your right! There is so much to be thankful for in nature,

I had bought this little upside down umbrella moat just because I wanted to see the Chickadee's and similar birds drink water from it. They did go to it but I had forgotten to put water in it that day,lol.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

I think I like that ant moat better than almost all that I've seen!

A friend in Louisiana had a self made multi-armed pole with a recycled trash can lid at the bottom filled with water as his bath and moat. Of course he was a metal - worker and could do Anything beautifully. I still wish that he would market that whole ensemble.

Marlton, NJ

Look at all the new reports of Ruby-throated Hummingbirds!

Thanks Juney!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

there has been a sighting within 50 miles of me, eye peeled. Boy they spread across the gulf states fast

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Here they come!!!!!!!!!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

waiting...waiting...waiting...

Pelle..I like yours better...the color and the fact that the birds can drink out of it. I'm going to take mine back now that I'm over my spending fever!! Where did you get yours as I've never seen them.

Marlton, NJ

I got mine at our local bird store.

I look for them online for you.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Pelle do you like that little feeder? I saw them last year but passed on it. They are cute!!

Marlton, NJ

Yes, I love it. It's a Mini Hummzinger I believe. Very easy to clean!

Rose, Here is one place that sells them. Most places carry the black one.

http://www.a1glasshummingbirdfeeders.com/Ant-Moat.html

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the link Pelle...I've got to have some of those!

Marlton, NJ

How about someone starts a Hummingbird Feeder thread?

Laurentians - Quebec, QC(Zone 4b)

Pelletory, do I understand right that you have seen already Hummingbirds in N.J ??? We get them only in April, if we are lucky !!
this picture is from last year.

Thumbnail by swissy
Marlton, NJ

Hi swissy, Beautiful pics!

No I'm talking about the hummers showing up on the migration map.

We won't see any till April.

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Yah, I vote for Rose to start the HB feeder thread with one of those pictures of 40 at one time.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Well...unfortunately I was gonna start a thread on feeders but I can't retrieve any of the pics from my external hard drive. All the stupid thing will give me is a dumb list...like that helps!! LOL! I hope I figure it out sometime in this lifetime as I have a few of my favorite pics on that darned animal!!

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Rose, try asking about the EHD over in the Computer Talk forum, they are great! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/computer/all/

This message was edited Feb 28, 2009 7:49 PM

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

poor things, it is storming SO bad everywhere they are and seem to need to go. My feeder is out there in the pitch dark of storm, just a swinging. Must be the devil to fly in.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I am having a similar problem accessing photos...there are there in the editing program but I can't reload them onto the computer if I want them. Over 5000 photos there...arrrgh!

Hastings, FL

cleaned and set out my first feeder for the year.
They found me late in the season last year (new house)
and i can't wait for them to show up. Spent summer and
fall planting as many things they like as i could
but so much died in the ultra cold this winter, so starting
all over...

Marlton, NJ

Here is a Red Hummingbird. Critically Endangered.

http://www.abcbirds.org/newsandreports/stories/081230.html

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

That is a beautiful bird. I hope they can save it from extinction.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh wow... so pretty Pelle... such a shame

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

That is sad about the Red Hummingbird...it is so beautiful!

Marlton, NJ

Well let's hope for the best. :-)

Marlton, NJ

Hey guys did you see their into the next states already?

are you kidding? wow!

pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

Saw my first hummer today...

Thumbnail by ctbig
Marlton, NJ

Very cool ct! Congratulations!

Looks like it's time to start the new thread for hummingbirds!!

Bartlett, TN(Zone 7b)

I have GOT to get some feeders!
I've never had a feeder but my neighbor has them and had tons of hummers last year.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

alright, pensecola, getting so close. hope they make good time now in this warm weather.

Huntsville, AL(Zone 7a)

Saw this thread and put three feeders out on the first but still no takers! I check the map every day... they're east, west, north and south of us but none HERE!! What's that expression about a "watched pot"? C'mon little hummers! Dinner's awaitin'!! ;)

Barb

Oklahoma City, OK

I MAY BE JUMPING THE GUN , BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO MISS ANY BODY IF THEY ARRIVED EARLY. I PUT MY HB FEEDERS OUT YESTERDAY. :)

Marlton, NJ

Hi pink, I always put mine up before their reported in my state. Usually when their 2 states south of me.

Let us know when you see your first. We'll probably be starting a Hummingbirds Daily Pics thread soon.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Same here..they hit Tennessee I put them up! I got them out today so I can be getting them cleaned up and be ready to go.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

All I have had drinking out of mine is a titmouse this morning, it really loved it. Im thinking it was going to get sick, as I make my first of the year water pretty darned strong. Its not like there isnt a birdbath within a few feet of it it could have enjoyed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.