Weird weird '09... #5

Eugene, OR

Yep, then the wind kicked it all up and the sun came out. The roofs all looked like they were smoking, it was steaming so much. Love the horses on the arbor.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Thank you. I got lucky with that as it was a clearance sale and they were going to change the design.
Steve, I love your pics. Do you think it's wise to be looking for property in MX right now? Granted it's gorgeous, but it's not very safe down there.
Here's a pic of the sailboat we're looking at. Her name is just waitin'.
Susan105

Thumbnail by gardener105
Eugene, OR

Wow! Kathy, that was interesting and there's free short stories too! Had to read one. I'll go back later.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Hello! Is anybody out there!!!??? I guess everyone is sleeping.

Susan105

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I'm trying to catch up on all the different threads. My goodness, when you miss a day it takes forever to catch up. We had a beautiful weekend. Even up to 72 on Sat. Today it's at 61 now, but verry windy.
Nice boat!!! Sounds like you have great plans for it. YIPPEE

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I wrote a long response but it isn't here. What are your plans with the Oday? Sailing is my favorite world. I started with a 32ft boat and have slowly decreased to a sailing canoe over 8 different boats. I am now rigging and planning a year of racing this canoe against a fleet of sailboats it should be fun. Then when I get it working I am planning a long sail/paddle from Edmonton to southern Michigan. The first river is the N. Sask then into Sask and Lake Winnipeg, then south through Rainy Lake Lake of the Woods and finally through the Boundary waters into Lake Superior. From there along the north shore through the locks into Lk Huron around the Macinaw Straits and Down Lake Michigan to Muskegon and paddle up the Muskegon river to my home town of Evart, MI.
This will be a long trip so I will be taking it piece by piece as I feel. No 2 month trip to do it all at once. I think that would be a little straining.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Eugene, OR

And carrying all of us along will make it rough. Pretty boats.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Susan just a thought don't change the name of the boat because it is so true about how it is unlucky. I never changed the names on any of my boats until the last one and it sunk in a tornado on Flathead Lake with me in it less than one year later. I am the only one in our yacht club with a submarine.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

:( It is snowing right now.......again....

(Judi)Portland, OR

It is snowing like crazy here - and starting to stick. Time to take the dog out. She loves snow. By the way, this dog is the greatest dog ever and we have become great pals!

It has stopped here for now and the sun is out....we have a little over an inch....the roads are clear now....it can't decide what it is going to do today!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

You guys have to stop telling me what is coming. Denial is the best way to approach this winter here. We are currently in sun and cold. So I guess your weather is headed our way. Make all of it drop there.

Don't mind the snow like today where the roads stay clear......if there is snow on the roads they all drive like idiots here......well, a lot of them drive like idiots anyhow...but that is another issue........

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

We have bright blue skies and sunshine with rapidly melting trace of snow.

The wind is coming up so our snow won't be here very long....

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Tomorrow will be full moon so it should warm back up.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Hi Steve! Sounds like a fantastic trip you have planned. Our plans for the boat are to sail it around here on some local lakes that are large enough to sustain a boat of that size, and we'll take it up to the Columbia River and take our DD and family sailing. Then after DH retires in about 8 yrs we'll take it up to the San Juan Islands in WA. I'm sorry to hear your boat sunk, that's so scary! We used to have a 20' O'Day named No-Ka-Oi, which means 'The Big One", it was named that when we got it and didn't change it. We both like the name of this one so it will stay, especially since it will be so true around here as we can only sail for about 4 months out of the yr so it will be "just waitin' "! LOL!
Susan105

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Love the name!!!

Jeff's brother would like to canoe the boundary waters someday. They have done 100 mile trips in the Adirondacks. Jeff and our 'boys' have done some long ones also. The first time he took them our youngest was about 9. They did the Fulton Chain in the Adirondacks.

Eugene, OR

Been snowing off and on all morning, nothing's sticking, getting windy now. 39 deg, doubt if we'll see 40 today.
Prediction is for cold tonight and colder tomorrow night, then we start to warm up. I'm not holding my breath. LOL

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I don't want to wait for it to warm up - I want it now. We have waited long enough. My little bees need to wake up and eat, d__mmit!! Do you hear me, Mother Nature? It's time and I'm not going to take no for an answer. Hmmphh!!

There - do you think that might help?

Eugene, OR

Did you stamp your feet really hard?

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

And hold your breath til you turned blue? If not, then it probably won't help. lol

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

ROFLMBO!!!! OMG!!!! ROFLMBO!!!

Of course I shouldn't be laughing as I had to bury one of the free hens I got, oh well, I guess you get what you don't PAY FOR!!! LOL!

This message was edited Mar 9, 2009 1:36 PM

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

On another note. We looked at a 25' Catalina sailboat in Chelan, WA that was very nice. The couple sold it to another couple in NJ! So one of the boats that we were wanting to buy is winding up in your neck of the woods Jan.

Susan105

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Sorry about your chicken.

(Judi)Portland, OR

May your chicken rest in peace.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

So sorry.

I just went out and came right back in.
Sun is shinning, its 40 but the wind is blowing and its cold. Made my poor nose hurt. But had to check the GH for water.
While I was out, I found this. The bloom is bigger than the poor plant. And I do not remember planting any there.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

And my helper in the GH.
making sure all is good.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Apparently it didn't help. We've been looking out our building at the snow flurries and wind blowing. One moment we could see the space neede very clearly, the next it was totally obscured by fog. The flakes have gone from heavy slush drops to free-floating cornflakes. It's going to be a long commute home, I'm afraid.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

You must not have demanded right LOL What did you forget????
Have a safe drive home.
Hugs

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Cool, I'll keep my eyes out for a 25' catalina. :)

My BIL has a sailboat that he has docked in north FL. on the Gulf and wants to take it down to the Carribbean some day. Jeff has told him he would crew for him, but I think he'll have to wait til Jeff retires for that to happen. ( unless he does it some summer when Jeff is out of school)

I can so picture in my mind 'free-floating cornflakes'. That is a perfect description.

North Lakewood, WA(Zone 8b)

Tills do tell........... teeth and lips in your pot?

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Aaa What did I just miss, Teeth ???? Pot????

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I have enjoyed many moments on the sailboat including the sinking that was awesome! But now I want to stay afloat and with just me in the canoe. Enjoy the sailing in Oregon sounds like fun.
Snow needs to stay in Seattle and I hope you get it all. We have enough and I am getting tired of it because the ski slopes close soon.

North Lakewood, WA(Zone 8b)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=6244169
Look in the pot to the right.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I see them.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I had to crack up on that, Sorry LOL
That is 'Hot Lips' Salvia was given to me from Carla (cocoajuno) and my niece had to add to it, from a candy sucker.
This is 'Hot lips'
Bad pic

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Another pic.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
(Judi)Portland, OR

Tilly's home must never be boring!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Don't worry Tils. Crocus can travel.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.