Another newbie to the mosaic craft

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

And I am loving it, but have so many questions. I've been a member of DG for 3 years, but spent most or all of my time in the gardening forums. Weird huh? Another DGer put up a thread about hobbies and I remembered that I had purchased some items for mosaic winter work a year of two ago. I found the stuff and made my first stepping stone for the garden. A couple more steppin stones are curing now. But, here is my BIG question. I would really love to do stained glass work. Would I be better off taking some lessons from an experienced glass person or using the internet and Daves to learn the craft?

PS, I love drawing my designs, love playing with the tiles for color combinations, love cutting and placing the tiles, HATE making the cement! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thumbnail by venu209
This thread has 37 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!