Iris Program

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

While surfing the net around a year ago I found a niffy iris program that I just now used and the best thing its free, works great for me so if you don't have a program or just don't like the one ya got you might want to give it a try, I love it.
It's called irises version 2.4
http://www.janett.net/

This message was edited Feb 23, 2009 7:30 AM

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the program, but have no idea on how to use it, as can't find any directions. I clicked on Help, but it directed me to filemaker.com. I went there and couldn't find anything on the website either. I guess I could probably play around with it and maybe I can figure it out. It looks really neat though.

Shadow

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

It's pretty easy once you fool with it a bit. After I entered all the irises I switched to the list view and printed it out, you can print all the irises or maybe just the dwarfs or just the talls etc., and it gives you a list of all the irises and the location of them, their seems to be a little quirk of not wanting to always put the photo in but you can get around it by right clicking the photo area and selecting Insert Object then highlight Bitmap image hit OK then "Paint" comes up, in the Menu Bar on top click "Edit" then from the drop down menu click "paste from" then a dialog box pops up with your photos select the photo you wish and it converts it to bitmap after doing that click "File" on the drop down menu click "Update Irisesv24" and the photo appears. It sounds worse than it really is after doing it a couple times its easy.
I forgot to mention that I use XP, don't know how it would work for Vista or Mac's.

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Thanks! I have XP too.

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

I think I will email him to see if he has a web album anywhere that I could use instead, if so, maybe he will let me provide a link to it from my site. I prefer to view the photos on line rather than downloading a big file.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Cathy, it's a inventory program to record what you have and where it is and such, and I believe him is really a her.

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you DaLoveRat for setting me straight. Yes - Of course it is a smart woman to come up with an inventory program to record what you have and such. I will definitely check into it.

Cathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.