Here's a question

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I have had so much fun trading seeds getting ready for my Spring garden. Lot's of the seeds I traded for came in itty bitty plastic ziplock bags. Some even had white strips on them for labeling. I was wondering where to get those neat little bags. I'm hoping to save lots of seeds for sharing from this year's garden and I'd love to get some of those little bags. Thanks.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi there. It happens there is a co-op forming to order those:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/954434/

Also toward the later posts in that thread a few people posted their alternate sources of envies....... so you have some other options there too. ;-)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the link. Had no idea you could get them at Walmart. I'll check there and then go back to the co-op if I can't get them at our local Walmart.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

For me Walmart is an hours drive away so I am trying not to go there.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

We have 1 30 minutes in 2 directions so I'll give thema try when I go to town for feed.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I'm doing the envie coop but I've purchased the Walmart bags and glassine envelopes from Dianes Seeds in the past. I think it's 100 for $5 for the glassine envies. I had another thought about saving seeds. The envies are great for mailing but if you have a lot of seed, maybe used plastic or glass seed jars would work for storing more seeds.

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Got mine at Michael's.

North Richland Hills, TX(Zone 8a)

Got mine at Michaels too - I think they were 100 for $1 or $2 and they had several sizes to choose from.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

You can get 1000 at http://www.gtzip.com/ for $7.99, I'm not sure if there is a minimal purchase, we buy them in huge lots for work.

Deb

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6b)

Got mine at Hobby Lobby. Around $3 for 100.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

They are in the beads/jewelry section in WalMart, Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

Occasionally I get seeds in those wax paper looking envelope, where can I get those? I don't see those at the above store.

This message was edited Feb 24, 2009 9:48 AM

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

I think in the Michael's I was in they were over by the glue. odd.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

bought 100 for 2.00 at hobby lobby.

Lindenhurst, NY

Joanns craft store had the small clear baggies with the white area to write on, like 2.00 for 100 ziplocs.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

We only have a Walmart in our little neck of the woods. I hope they have them.

Hopkinsville, KY

Mammawk; don't remember any hobby lobby in downtown Lewisburg, KY. lol Hi from a former Logan countian.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6b)

LOL, good one, you have to go to Bowling Green!

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

I got glassine envies from ebay. Was $5 for 1000. I love them!

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

staples Helene

comebychance, NL(Zone 5b)

i get mine at our local dollar store,do you have one of those were you live.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Found them last night in the jewlery section of the craft department at Walmart. 100 for .97. Thanks for the info.

Those little hobby shops or craft dept. at your local Walmart/Kmart etc. should have them. They are fairly cheap.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.