Been busy Lately

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I inhale chocolate and beg for deserts from my friends. GUILTY! Pistacios mmmmmmmmmm

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Ok Nadine, how much longer till they can go outside lol!

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

LOL..you gals are all cahoots! I couldnt stop from laughing so hard from reading all the posts..most of the chickens are fully feathered and charged up and ready to start the clucking and chicking and wiggin and chirpin and lookin at ya funny dept and ...do I need to say more or not??? but the second batch of chickens will be ready in few weeks to hit the trails..heee haww...but..I have a messy a spare room to clean up tomorrow while my 2 doz of Blue black splash orps are cooking in the bator...
Sorry I had been helping w a Primary school priniciple trying to get a grant that she nominated me to do all the sewing for a Children's puppet show in the school..something about learning how to read..

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

An admirable task Moodene!

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Yup, Feb 22... Dodge City, shades of Lonesome Dove.

How bigs the herd now, Moo?

Clarkson, KY

Dang,now. I'd'a swore we were taking Jay all of Moo's chickens?! Never even picked up on Dodge City. Just took Jay's volunteering to be personal....doubledang.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

ding dang! hehehe

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Well silly it is personal... I personally wanna go to Dodge!
So just how far is it from Devers to Dodge? (See, that even sounds cool)

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Let's see... 757 divided by 10 (on a good day) plus a week... divided by 30... aw heck it's gonna take 3 months. Them's gonna be some jerky chickens... lean, mean, bug-eatin' machines. LOL

Clarkson, KY

Who's packin' the emu fodder?? And the feed sacks?

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Hi Andre can only pull a wagon loaded with a couple hundred pounds. You are going to need to get something else to pull more wagons.

Clarkson, KY

Andrea?!

Andre the demon child

Thumbnail by wren107
Clarkson, KY

I was proposing a demoness child to help him with the extra weight, LOL...a partner in crime...could go home with Jay if two Andres is too much...

I think two would be WAY TOO MUCH!!!!!! One is more than enough. Those are not ears on his head but a pair of horns. He is worse that a room full of 2 year olds. LOL

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

I think Cajun may have a complement to Andre...
On the other hand... Andrea would be nice. What's the gestation period for pups, I forget. 21 days?

I think we'll just have to resupply as we go...

Sorry no puppies, Andre had the surgery. He was bad enough with out being a intact male. I would have been climbing the walls for sure..

Speaking of with I better go see what he is up to and put him to bed.

Good night all.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Where the dingdong dangdung are we going now.?? Dodge City?? Are we going to Kansas?? Are we gonna visit Auntie Em??? We are still starting in Devers though aren't we?? Edwina and I will just hang in NV until it's sorted out.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Looking at 3 months min on the trail, I'm thinking maybe we just otta drive the little feather butts around the block and adjourn to the nearest tavern.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

I thought you were suppose to "get out of Dodge"?

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Only if you're in trouble with the law... you prone to that?

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

ahhhh... no? ;) (depends on what kind of trouble your talking about) hehehe
Youve never heard that phrase? People say it in jest...like "get out of town" or Your kidding?

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Oh darlin', I've watched my share of westerns and it's always the bad guys that are being told they have to be out of town by sunset. You have to get out of town before the shootin' starts. Before the law looses its patience. Before the posse gets its horses saddled. Before they know the hangman's noose.

Because Dodge was a big cattle shipping town, it had more than it's share of lawless elements. They used to post pictures of the gundowned outlaws in their caskets to prove they were dead and collect the rewards. Quite a colorful history.

You planning on adding to it? =0)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ok let's ride into Dodge City on our emus, driving herds of chickens before us, look around with bored indifference and then say 'Let's blow this popsickle stand" and then ride off into the sunset leaving a cloud of dust and feathers behind us. We will go down in the history of Doge City as the toughest of the toughest.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Ohh that sounds like an adventure! I pity the emu I road. hehehe I might better carry mine. LOL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Edwina is chomping at the chariot. We've been hanging in NV waiting and waiting for the chicken drive to being. I think I shall set her loose again to scavage on killer crickets.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

KILLER CRICKETS?? OMG, watchout!!! I will bring my frog. ;)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yes we had a war with them in Nevada a month or so ago. We were awesome swooping accross the desert in our Emu charriots.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

And you didn't invite us?!!! Fun hog. >;o(
Jezebel would have kicked cricket butt!

Hi ya'll...finally was able to sit at my laptop... had some minor stuff done to my foot where I jammed it like 2 weeks ago..had to keep it upright according to the docs..didnt work for 4 days and just got to walk on my foot this past Tuesday..with no problems..The swelling wouldnt go down after I jammed it when my dog ran into me while I was walking into the house..foot was swollen for a week but then didnt go down..xrayed it again and wasnt broken..doc found some fluilds around the joint of my big toe and did a minor surgery to relieve the pain and fluids..I had to wear a foot boot and sleep with it upright so I couldnt mess up the boo boo area..lol...but I can walk on it now..It is healing alot better w very little pain....my daughter and her family came down to Texas cuz they are moving from Maryland to Idaho....she been talking to my doc about my foot cuz she is a PA-C now in the Air Force and was so worried about my toe! She said they did a good job on it...lol.....Now I gotta lot of emails and stuff to get catch up on...sheeze...hate to be out of the limelight and no knowing what is going on..lol...

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Now you got a hitch in yer git-along, very colorful. =0) Glad to hear you're up and about and they're not going to have to amputate nuthin'. If they did you'd have to ride inna go-cart with Grow, or become a pirate... AAaaaaRrrr. ]P^)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

That is good news Moodene.

yea..my foot is doing alot better since the swelling has gone down..I couldnt do any sewing until last nite and boy that felt good to do something besides standing on my foot or having it upright alot!!..
LOL..I was thinking of putting skates on that foot and push with crutches if I have too..!!!..lol

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

No skates yet! Take time and heal up right!! I am glad you are feeling better. ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.