the weather's not even (that) bad...

Clarkson, KY

Well, Tis the season I guess...Holly decided that today during a mild snow storm was the best she could do, having missed the miserable cold and ice of a few weeks back...

Our very best Mom. And most determined. Putting the bucks in a separate pasture they couldn't get out of didn't work...

Til we know their genders and personalities they are Cutie (standing and hopefully female) and Putootie (resting -male) They are out of my handsome fave "Startrek" the only Capable we had on the farm 5 mos back...

Thumbnail by grownut
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Cuuuute!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

That is great!!! They are so small. They dont even look real! Were there is a will...there is a way! hehehe fertile myrtle!!! LOL Congrats!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Very cute. Are they Boers?

Clarkson, KY

Yup. Boers and we DO call her Fertile Myrtle. And other less appropriate things. She is very sweet and VERY easy going, lol...

Reynoldsville, PA(Zone 6a)

awe, how sweet, congrats!!

(Zone 7b)

Congratulations Grow my friend you got some cute ones there.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

EASY going....LOL!!!!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

They are adorable! So snuggly.. Congratulations.. they are perfect. :)

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

How adorable, makes me miss them goats again. I am thinking of getting a couple.

Clarkson, KY

They are fine and fit this morning, dry and very well fluffed. #1, boy will be called "Dubbel Fudge" and #2, girl will be called "Winter Mae Flower" --oops, just got reasons from over my shoulder "Dubbel Fudge is double the trouble (and fudge colored head) and "Winter Mae Flower because she's sooo pretty she even blooms in winter [and she was born in winter] (and her mother is Winter Holly Bough)

[asides from DD] (asides from me). Of our 4 original does, two belong to DD (mostly this pertains to naming privileges) and two to me. We fight over naming the offspring and mom ALWAYS has the Power of the Veto (one of her first phrases she learned that one young, lol!) Holly and Polly are HERS, Lolly and Molly are MINE...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Grow, this is a dumb question, but how is it that you weren't sure of their genders at the beginning? I thought a boy goat would have....parts. I sure hope I was right about Luna being a girl...

Clarkson, KY

LOL. Gender confusion? No. They were curled up, mucked up and Mom was tending them. Tails down. I went out and rubbed a little with my towel so the latter birth wouldn't give up or get too chilled, but I still try not to handle them when they're slippery and Mom's still working. Once they were dry and up-n-about it was obvious.

I guess that post did sorta sound funny...lolol.

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

OMG. Sucker for baby goats......

Gender confusion? Khaos' name - after my feeling around in the dim light at 1am - original name was Luna. That lasted until the morning light...

This message was edited Feb 22, 2009 8:19 PM

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

SOL

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Jenks - did you see my blog post on Luna doing her tap dance routine?

http://chooksiniowa.blogspot.com/2009/02/luna-talent-show.html

(Zone 7b)

How are the babys grow

Clarkson, KY

Fit-n-Feisty. Sleeping in the sun right now...

(Zone 7b)

Oh i bet that is sooooo cute

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Can you get diabetes from the "awwwww" factor?

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Hope not be course there is a lot of sweet babies being born.

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

That has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Elbridge, NY

very cute grownut :D

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

How are Dubbl Fudge and Winter Mae? I love their names. I do believe we are seriously lacking pictures. Not to mention videos. Get the heck out from under that rock and do some photo journalism!

Clarkson, KY

Been waiting til they get up and about. Thinking by tomorrow the should be about ready to climb Mt. Bathtub. Don't know beans about video. My little camera supposedly does it but --well you saw how good I was with the first pics!! See what I can get up and running tomorrow.

(Zone 7b)

Oh Grow you sound like my niece she can't run a automatic coffee maker LOL

Clarkson, KY

Now, Har....not taking pictures and going without coffee are NOT the same thing!!!

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Not hardly! Watch your mouth, Har.
=0)

Baby goats are my most favoritest babies in the world... and I've seen a LOT of baby critters in my time.

Boing, boing, boing, boing...
Jay

(Zone 7b)

Well you could take a pic of a cup of coffee if you can't make one LOL

Clarkson, KY

My coffee kicks your coffee's butt!! Bring it girl!! (can't believe she's all being mean to me now. It hurts...hurts baaad....it's wounded sore I am)

;-)

Don't fill bad my Mom can't make coffee either. But then she can not even figure out how to use the phone. LOL

(Zone 7b)

LOL Wren!

Clarkson, KY

{{{serious muttering here}}} I make REALLY good coffee. Really bad pictures, good coffee. Anyone who purports to have been to my rock should attest to that fact!!

(Zone 7b)

I make coffee in a pot my FIL used 20 years ago and it's probably 40 years old i perk it the old fashioned way.
As daddy use to say it's so stout it could get up and walk off the table ain't no "stump water" served here LOL

I would not know I rarely get to taste my coffee. I get a larger pot so I could have a cup too and my DD started drinking more coffee.. LOL

Dear Grow I do not remember drinking coffee under your rock, just spirits, hic

(Zone 7b)

Oh i remember the wine and the beautiful Music..........Grow is such a great host under her rock

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

I suggest we repair to Grow's rock and try some Kahlua in her coffee...
Yup, I do think that is a necessary idea...
=0)

Great idea I have some Irish Cream---that is if the dog has not unscrewed the cap again and drank it!!!

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Would that be Andre the demon child?
BAD DOG!
LOL

Yes he has figured out how to unscrew lids. He also ate a jaw of coconut butter. Crazy animal I told him he was to use in on his coat not his stomach.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.