Live streaming webcam of Eagle Nest w/ 3 Eggs!!

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

The biologist says St. Patrick's day on the site....how exciting!

Melbourne, FL

I can barely stand to check in on these birds, seems they are always wet and cold. It will be a lot of fun when the babies hatch, though.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Yes! Either wet and cold or the nest is waving in the wind bad enough to make me wonder about motions sickness in birds!

Florence, MS(Zone 8b)

I get cold just watching those cold rain drops falling.

Marlton, NJ

I know. I just love watching them!

Marlton, NJ

Those chicks are so cute at Blackwater. Still waiting for the other ones to hatch.

Bella Vista, AR(Zone 6b)

Maybe wishful thinking, but I think the parent is exhibiting different behavior... Hopefully that means one of the eggs is hatching.

Marlton, NJ

Oh I hope so!

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Totally different posture/postion sitting in the nest...watching closely!!

The ones at Blackwater are really growing!!

This message was edited Mar 19, 2009 2:20 PM

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

I love watching this Pelle. Thank you so much for sharing it. I must confess that I was up in the middle of the night the other day and I decided to check in on the eagles. I couldn't figure out why the picture was black and then I realized what an idiot I was. It was night time!

Marlton, NJ

LOL Elphaba!!

OOOOOOO, I think something may be happening!!!!

Marlton, NJ

You were right! An egg hatched this afternoon!!!!! YiPPEEE!!!

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/eaglecam/

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

OMG! I just watched her feeding the little one. When it wouldn't eat anymore, she settled back over egg and baby and did this weird rocking thing. This is so cool! The carcass (of whatever that animal is that she was tearing into tiny pieces for baby) is still laying here on the side of the nest. Did anybody see what it was?

I just caught her finishing up the feeding and getting settled back in. SOOOO COOL!!!
I can't tell what the carcass is. Wish the pix was larger...lol!!

Marlton, NJ

Oh darn I wish I would have seen that.

Assonet, MA(Zone 6b)

What a way to start a day. DH & I just watched Mom finish feeding the little one and settling in just as Nanny did. She did that "wierd rocking" that Elphaba mentioned also. So exciting! I'm amazed at how fiesty the little one is. Thank you so much Pelletory.

The parents just swithched out and I got a good look of the eaglet!!!! It is so cute!!

Marlton, NJ

Oh I just saw the chick with it's wobbly little head. Adorable!!!

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

The second one is almost out!!! how exciting....what good parents....

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Me too Pelle and the second egg hatched!! OH how exciting! Both Mom & Dad in there together too!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Boy what a good start to the day!!

Marlton, NJ

Just watched the parent feeding the one chick. The younger one didn't seem to come up for any food although it was moving around a little.

Summertown, TN(Zone 7a)

It actually looks like she's feeding them fish. Amazing to see such a powerful bird
feeding the little ones so gently!

Marlton, NJ

It is happy! They are so gentle; I love watching them!

Oh..I just got a quick peek before they were hid again...darn!

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

any of you on the eagle chat over there?

Marlton, NJ

I'm not. Is it good?

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

yeah I guess it's ok...just like any other chat u join in not knowing anyone LOL...but there are people on there from my state...^_^

Melbourne, FL

Windy in Virginia this morning!

Bella Vista, AR(Zone 6b)

Feeding the babies a fish right now.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Terrific!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

That is so sweet!

Bella Vista, AR(Zone 6b)

I saw the older baby attacking the littler one. The older one wouldn't let the little one eat. I hope it will be OK.

Marlton, NJ

Yea That's a nasty side to watching the chicks. Completely normal though. Is the third egg gone?

Chesapeake, VA(Zone 7b)

3rd egg still there. They both just got fed. I sure hope #2 makes it. #1 isn't cutting him any slack.

Marlton, NJ

I'm glad they both got fed. A few years ago I was watching a eagles nest where the one chick was beating the other terribly. We all thought he wasn't going to make it but he pulled through. I'll keep my fingers crossed for this one.

It was hard to tell since it is dark there and they had their backs to the camera, but I think dad was tearing of bits of food and giving it to mom. That is so sweet...and then he left the nest and she was workingon getting settled in. She seems to be on High Alert tho!

This so neat to watch.

Melbourne, FL

I remember the Washington State Eagles also and the torment the little one went through. I am kind of hoping the third egg does not hatch here, because I doubt three would make it and it would have a terrible time getting food with the two bigger birds hogging it all.

I was thinking the same thing my self GP, if that 3rd one were to hatch...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.