Spring Roundup-4/25

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Mark Your Calendars! Come to the Georgia DG Spring Roundup!

4/25-10AM-2PM

Wanted to get the thread started so we can make plans.

We will have some presentations, a garden tour and a White Elephant thingy.

Check in so I can start to get a head count. I will post more details as we go along.

Hope to see all you great DGers

BB

This message was edited Feb 20, 2009 10:47 AM

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Brennan, I've marked my calendar. LMK what I can do to help. Becky

I'll definitely need you help with the White Elephant thing

Thanks
BB

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Count Roger & I in!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Brennan, Date is marked on my calendar too!
What else do you need help with ??? Let me know.
Coby

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi BB & all, I plan to attend. Will bring food of course, just LMK if you are assigning categories.
I have a card table I can offer. Just ask as you decide what you need. I 'd be happy to bring some drinks, ice etc.
Thanks for doing this.
Looking forward to it.
Pam

Since it worked so well at the roundup Becky held, we will do a potluck for lunch. If you are attending, please dmail me with what you will be bringing. Gwendolyn and I will supply the meats.

BB

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Brennan - I'm afraid I cannot come - our church is doing a "free lunch in the park" that day, & our group has been asked to sing. - We (David & I ) will miss you all! Samantha

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

Looks like I will miss another one. Exciting reason though, my sons wedding is the same day. Eventually, I will be able to see everyone again. Have fun!!! Take lots of pictures!

chris

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Ive never been able to get to a roundup before so Im trying my best to arrange my calendar so I can get to this one!!
Im pretty good at finding places when I travel but Ive never been to Lawrenceville, so how do I find you once I get there? Im really excited about this!
What is a White Elephant thingy?? LOL!
E.

I will post directions and stuff as we get closer to the date.

The White Elephant swap is when you bring an unwanted but perfectly usuable item to the RU. We basically use them as raffle gifts. Why they call it the White Elephant is beyond me. I'm sure Becky knows

BB

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Oh What fun! Thank You BB, I know I'll have a few White Elephants around here!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Check this out for White elephant "thingy". Kinda cute wonder if it's true

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_elephant_gift_exchange

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

I hope I can get Mike to come with me, Eufaula If you'd like we could meet in Athens and you could follow us from there ,although Athens to Lawrenceville is the easy part
I'll bring some dessert maybe apple pie?

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm in. Hopefully, I'll be able to work around the kids' schedule.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hey there Fremar!! Meeting up would be great , but I will be going a shorter route , for me,to Lawrenceville. Since I live on 142, it will be closer for me to go to 11 and go through Monroe. Thanks though!

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

Understand eufaula, actually closer for us depending on where BB is if we go down 85 from Banks Crossing
I like the "white elephant " idea I've been wondering when I would be able to "regift" some things

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE SWAP

Some of you have probably read my thread about the road project that is going on near my home. The county had our land staked out when we got home last night. They took way more land that we thought they were. I had to call them this morning to get the details. We will get the property back when construction is finished. The big thing is that I thought construction would be started before the RU which would not have been good. The guy at the county was 90% sure that no construction would occur before 4/25 but said there was an outside chance it could.

Mrs Bronx and I are still going to host the RU but please understand there may be an outside chance that it might be cancelled due to construction. I will give all of you plenty of notice if this should occur.

I am going to post the swap thread a little later.

We are so looking forward to meeting all of you

BB

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks BB. Look forward to hearing more.

Sorry you and Mrs. B are having to go through this bureaucratic nightmare. Hope it works out for you in the best possible way.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Ditto:>) E.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

We can still move it to my place if necessary. I had fun last fall. Just be aware the kitchen is still under renovation. Not much has been done on it for many reasons. Becky

I think we'll be OK Becky but I will stay in close communication with you just in case

Here is a link to thye RU thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/964368/

And here is the SWAP thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/964371/

Will post food thread later

BB

Blackshear, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi BB, I sure wish I could have made to the RU on the 4/25. Wishing you all a great day and saying to the next one. André

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

I sure hope we can make it - haven't seen a lot of you in a while and some I haven't met but look forward to meeting.

Brenda

Lawrenceville, GA

This sounds like fun! I live in Lawrenceville, so this would be easy for me to pop over to. I will mark my calender and check back with this thread later.
Char

BB, where you at GA Organics Conference? I did not see you (possibly because there were 1,000 people there and I did not take any of the farm classes...)

If you were, I hope you enjoyed it!

GGG

Hi TripleG:

No. We weren't there this year. Job is a little uncertain right now and we are trying to conserve cash where ever we can. Sorry we missed it though.

BB

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi BB,

I am planning to attend, with the required cheesecake. :)

Question for you- A lady on another garden website asked about this trade. Can non-Dave's members attend?

Thanks for hosting!
Danita

Lula, GA

BB

I would like to come to the RU @ your house. I have a RU in Florala the 18, and one in Asheville (SARU) on May 2. So right now it's iffy. Plus the Hall County MG Plant Expo on the 10, and 11.

It may be a last minute decision, and I would just bring what I have on hand to trade on Saturday.

Thanks for hosting this RU! I sure want to see everyone, and meet some new folks.

Brenda B

Yes Danita:

The more the merrier is always my motto

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

I am looking foward to attending.Don't know what shape I'll be in, but sounds promising.

Mike

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I want to come too so bad, but just can't affor d to miss a saturdya at market since our season is so short. Now if it pourign doen rain her e and sunny there I wil come : )

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

I still hope to come but Kenny is having foot surgery tomorrow; my Mom is going home from the nursing/rehab Thursday so I don't know how much time I am going to have to do anything. I'll just stand by till closer and see where I am. I just might be totally loony as opposed to just loony but we will see.

Edited to say I'd love to meet you Ella.

Brenda

This message was edited Mar 30, 2009 9:06 PM

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm sorry that I have been out of the loop. I am reading that BB was in the hospital and hope to have news of his health. Please update if you know something.

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Hi Lili,

I just know the RR is cancelled at this point. There is another thread.

Brenda

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Oh wow! I didn't knwo that, if somebody finds out anythign abotu him, wil ya please let me know and in the mean time sendign prayers his way.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Please see http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/975150/ for more information from BB

Hi Everyone:

I am out of the hospital and just getting back to be my normal self. It seems they have pinpointed my issue and the medication is taking care of it. I have to be on it for 6 weeks and then I'm done.

Once again, I'm sorry I had to cancel but between this health thing and the road project, I didn't think it would be a comfortable day for us all. Maybe next Spring

BB

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Bb. Glad to hear that. Sorry didn't knwo was in hospital. I don't check the ru threads.

Hope the meds work and dont over do yoruself, if that possible.

If ya need help with anythign just holler, most of us not to far away.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.