I Scored Big Time On Craigs List!!!!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

This needs a bit of an intro .. a month ago I put an ad on Craigs list asking for milk crates. Some guy answered saying he had 25 of them .. I was excited, because if you cut a milk crate in half, It's perfect for putting potted seedlings for ease of moving them around.

Anyway I also received a bunch of emails saying having milk crates were illegal to own. I went "no way" and did a little research .. and yeppers, milk crates are illegal to own in many states including SC unless you are a dairy. Something like a 50 dollar fine for each crate you have.

So I wrote the guy back with the 25 crates explaining why I wouldn't come get them .. he wrote back saying they really aren't dairy crates and sent a picture.

I picked them up the next day and the best part they were free!!!! There is no way I'm gonna cut these babies down .. I'll use them for containers for plants .. since there are 25 of them, there is all sorts of ways I can use them .. I've come up with a few ideas and would like more ideas.

So if you had these crates, what would you do with them?

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Milk crates illegal in SC? Who Knew?

That was a good score. How big are they?

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

They are 15" x 13" x 10.5" deep. I'm thinking I might use a few for veggies, using the square foot method. I was also considering using some as a "room" divider for the garden.

X

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

They are illegal in NY because people would steal them and construct all sorts of interesting things out of them. That was back before stores carried knock off crates. The real milk crates are so much stronger. Don't ask how I know that.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

I can see the headlines now; "Dorm raided for illegal milk crates". Maybe we need to change the name of the DEA to the D & MCEA.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Lol, google milk crate furniture on the images part .. people have come up with some very creative ideas using them.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Platform bed???? Works to get that mattress off the ground. LOL.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Indeed! I like the one where they made a little nook for sitting - thinking of doing something similar with the ones I have in the garden .. and the chandelier, now that was creative!

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.