firs bloom of the year!

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

it was windy today . this is Iris 'Katherine Hodgkin'

Thumbnail by iris28

there are three up . i could have swore i planted more . i did share some so maybe not

Thumbnail by iris28

this was this morning before the rain

Thumbnail by iris28
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Dana, how wonderful to see your blooms. We have the white iris blooming along the roadsides in the drainage ditches. I never seem to have my camera when I see them. My KY plants are doing well, starting to grow now that it is warming up. I wish you could see my orange, lemon and lime trees. It is amazing what can be grown in two years from a tiny seed.

hi mittsy , i have sown all the seed you gave me . at my house and moms . lol . i winter sowed alot and they are sprouting . my lime tree is growing and very happy . it really wants to be outside . the leaves turn toward the window faster than i can keep turning it.

South Hamilton, MA

Remember Katharine is spelled with an 'a'. Who know why? Ours won't bloom until early April.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Yay, spring is on it's way!

Lebanon, OR

I have one lone reticulatia in bloom to date. But today I was able to outside and clean all the weeds out of the potted siberians and redo the sawdust that I use to protect around them, and come in and do the count and did 528 pots today, so almost 1000 in two days.

Amazes me how certain areas are hit harder with weeds than others, you would that the outside parts would be but the ones in the middle of the second roll were worse...

Now into the hot tub then rest before school tonight.

Hope to get sawdust spread this weedend

D

zone 7 50's and sunny...YIPPY SPRING MIGHT JUST COME YET

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm envious, Dee. We still have a couple of feet of snow, and more coming the next couple of days.

Sending balmy breezes your way. It is finally beginning to feel like Florida, again. I have one sprouted iris seed, hope it really starts to grow so I can pot up and take to NY in May.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Mittsy, I can feel it now.

What kind of iris did you start?

Unknown, that's what makes it so exciting, the surprise element.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Fun!

I think so.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.