Original "One of a Kind" Salt Dough Dolls

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I was posting the pictures on the other thread, telling that my Mom had started sculpting with Salt Dough.....I actually had forgotten that I still had some of them stored away.

As I had said, "Mom always wanted to sculpt....... since she was a child." Being not too sure of her talent, and very saving on money, she decided to begin with the salt dough. She had a ball! She would have their arms tied to the cabinet to attain a particular position.....They were everywhere. She gave them to us......my sister in Indiana went thru a flood, my sister in Mississippi a hurricane, so these are pictues of the very few that are actually left.

They now sit on the shelf above my computer. They bring back many memories. Mom went on to sculpt in Super Sculpey, and then clay. She bought books on how to make molds and made her originals out of ceramic. They are shown at my member's page in my Garden Diary.
Hopefully these will inspire any new artists....."You can do it! Just try!!!!!"

Jeanne

Here they are:

This message was edited Feb 17, 2009 11:56 PM

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
This thread has 28 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!