Voles possibly?

Crestview, FL

I have lots of canna lily beds with cannas in them and just planted about 80 daffodils, am getting ready to plant 3 peony trees and a royal empress tree and a crape myrtle also Begonias. Please tell me that voles do not like these types of things? I know they loves hostas, I don't have any, but do they like any of the above that I have listed that I need to protect if they do?
joy

Beautiful Brazoria C, TX(Zone 9a)

So Sorry, Joy, no one wants to tell you that voles may be at work....see, no reply in over a month...

My main protection so far has been a fat older cat who likes to bring me a vole, mouse or snake every few days....she helps with laundry also....

Thumbnail by PullTab
Crestview, FL

Pull Tab I see. Don't have voles, found out it was just my worrisome mind, I have sod worms though and that is not good. But then again, my weeds are taller and greener than my lawn, that's terrible isn't it? I hate tis Florida crabgrass, hmmmm, maybe it' is time to plant Zoysia in my yard instead.
joy

So you may totally dislike the crabgrass but every morning you get to wake up in the Panhandle of Florida, not very far from those beautiful white sand beaches! Ok, they were a whole lot whiter and squeeked better before Ivan.

Crestview, FL

PullTab: I was looking in lowes today at the Zoysia grass seed, it's only around $40 per bag, and one bag seeds 1,000 square feet. Right next to the Bahia grass and the cheap ole centipede, that I have in my yard.
joy

My aunt Flossie gave up on grass and put in a sand yard. May be not put, just let it be...she would collect shells and driftwood and bits to place around the yard. It was a grand old place, just a small lot in Brownsville with the old fashion double loop wire fence and an iron gate. The yard was swept each morning to collect any dropped pine needles and crepe myrtle blossons....I'm not being much help, I think

Fritter is at work on the local vole population, I found the piece of work on my chunk of log foot rest....

Thumbnail by PullTab
Crestview, FL

Pull Tab: The purpose for the grass is to keep sand out of my carpets in my house. LOL Everyone seems to track it in. Plus the kiddies need a place to romp when they feel like it. I like the looks of it too; but not the weeds. LOL
joy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.