Spring has sprung!!

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

Look at this little azalea going to town. When I pulled up in the driveway after a long day at work, this site was an eye-catching welcome. It just puts a smile on my silly face.
Pam

Thumbnail by PamelaQ
Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

ughhh I'm so jealous....what a beauty!

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

Thanks!

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

I once had beautiful ones in the back of my old house and my dog a "puppy" then chewed them down to nothing...I couldn't believe it...

Memories....^_^

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh my...These were here when we moved in about 3 years ago. There's a bunch more, too. Once they all start blooming, it is really quite a site. This was just the first one so far. I'll post more pictures as they continue to burst forth with all those blooms-in-waiting!
Pam

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Yep, it is spring.

I am still waiting to see my first robin, then I know summer is just a couple weeks away.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

I love your azleas.
Beautiful! Yes, when the red red robin........

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

I used to live in St. Louis and loved the enormous azalea displays at practically every home. I've been in Kansas City (a Kansas-side suburb) for years and try as I do, I have never been able to duplicate the beauty.

I think we're just that much colder, with a slightly lower humidity, so that's why we cannot match their azalea and rhododendron gardens.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

Very nice picture of blooms!

Dallas, GA

Pretty pretty! Do you know what variety it is?

I have such fond memories of all the mass azaleas in my childhood backyard... since our house was new construction, I've had to gradually build out our landscaping to get it where I want it. This past fall I finally planted a few azaleas and today bought 10 more... so excited to watch them grow and blossom year after year!!!

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

The fuscia is that most common variety you see everywhere (I've never planted them - these were here when I purchased the house 10 years ago). The white variety is 'Delaware Valley'.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.