FROGS IN MY BASKET!

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

Cedric is out and about.....He started out in France, then Canada now is traveling the US...currently in Texas!! Began his travels with a Sweater, trousers, shoes and a rain poncho in a small flatrate box.....from what I am seeing he may need a Giant Steamer Trunk by the time he gets home!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, Kermit here started out in some sewing shop in China, came over via some boat and some how landed off the semi on a pile of flowers in our shopping cart when we adopted him and his girlfriend at the local farm store. He has been in every state east of the Mississipi and half of Canada, been to Missouri, Iowa, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas . He's past signs showing for this way to Morrocco, Paris, London, Cuba even stopped in Paris and London! He's been making his rounds...

And yep, been down to meet some hometoad horntoads down in Texas. He thinks Laredo is cool!!! Even though its hot! They stopped him at the border of Mexico though. He did not have their greencard and could not ribbet in spanish! Check out them prickly pears there!! Whoohoo! Sorry the pic a bit dim, but it was a dark day.

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Kermits girlfriend came over the same way from China, but she does not get to travel as much.. TAH is short when it happens! So right now she and Kermit are ... a-hem. well you know..

Ribbet Ribbet.. keeping coool!!

In their secret hiding place! Every one.. Shhhhhhh! Be reallly quiet for them!! I think they want some privacy so I am gonna hang out their sign!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Shhhhhhhh!!! Private!!!

peep peep peep...hmmm hmmm hmm

SHHHHHHHHH!~~~~~~

HEY DANG IT ~~~

NOT A PEEP~

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I was told I should post my frog here on your site so here he is :)

he is about 3ft tall & weighs about 150 lbs or more ha is made of cement My neighbor makes them
& sell .
He's ready for spring thank you for letting me share .
He keeps the deer out so far anyway .

susie

Thumbnail by deejay9

Susie, love that frog!!!! He would look so cool in my front yard!!! Afraid the shipping would be out of my budget however........:(

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

WHooohooo! BIG Poppa frog!! Come on in Deejay9 and bring the kids!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

zhinus, hire a semi!! LOL! Them trucking dudes move everything!

Ribbet!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

BB, as I have said before , you're a riot. In answer to your question about warmth. NOOOOOOOOO!!!! The thermometer says 42°, but it feels like 32°. BRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Ribbbbbettttt! Ribbbbbetttt!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Best to stay in the cooler!! hehehe!

Well we got flooding in the hometown here! Nothing to laugh about unless you really are a frog. River is up, the town is closed to through traffic.

We will see what the tide and the morrow will bring. Not too many folks there are laughing and seen some already evacuating. Will know in a day or so if FEMA is invited.

Sorry to hear that....where do you live?

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Blossombuddy where are you?

Hi Synda!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Trisha,how are you?

Doing okay....a little teary right now, Mary (4004) had to have Indy, her 15 year old greyhound put down today....my dog is 11 and starting to really show her age so it kind of hit a tough spot to deal with.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

That is so sad.I don't know if I could do it.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Well tell her for me I'm so sorry and she's in my thoughts and prayers.

It was especially hard as Indy was the last of seven dogs that belonged to her mom who passed in 2004. I have been there....it is the hardest thing I have ever had to do,,,don't look forward to going there again.

Well, my daughter is all moved and starting to get the house semi livable... she has free rein with the yard, which basically has nothing but a couple of really nice Rosemary Plants, Yeah!!! and a lot of D^$N Ivy that needs to ripped out...that is going to be a job....but she is looking forward to getting plan and plant pretty much what she wants...should be a fun summer....Sage, my granddaughter got to meet the little boy next door today so she has someone to play with now....so things are beginning to settle down and get back to normal.

Rain coming in Saturday and warming up again so should be hearing our little peepers soon...I love to listen to them. When mom moves her Wandering Jew from inside to the garage wall one usually moves in....I have a rack of umbrellas outside my front door...and last year one spent a great deal of time hiding in my umbrellas.....grabbed an umbrella and put it in the car cause the weather looked wet, like never to have caught the little guy to get him out of the car....would not have been a good ploace for him!!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

I love to hear them they are my favorite!!!Can't wait until it's warm enough here .We have a crick in back of the house and I love to open the windows at night and listen to the water run and the frogs.That is my kinda ZEN.

That is my dream....to be out where I have the frogs and crickets to listen to again....and the deer, racoons and all the other stuff every one around here complains about!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

The deer come right up to the yard,inthe field with the horses.And at night you can hear the coons chatter in the woods.We have an acre for the yard and 17 more beside and in back for the horses.And our front porch is 40 ft long x 10 ft wide.so nice to set on day or night.

Okay, I'm ready to pack my bags!!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Come on.......

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

This summer I'll take pics and post them.Other than the cold winter I love it right here.I grew up here in this house.Momma gave it to me and we gutted it down to the 2x4's and redid it 3 years ago come april.$43000 later here we are.This is part of my Pap and Granny's farm.My brother lives on it .Just around the corner about 1/8 of a mile,but we can't see each other.There is 50 some acres all together.

It does sound good!!!!

Thumbnail by zhinusmom
Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

That is so cute!!!!

My future Daughter in law gave him to me for Christmas.....usually keep my paint brushes in it!

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

Hello, I'm Trisha's daughter. I'm not quite the frog person mom is, though I do like them. My daughter would love to bring a bunch home. Here's one I had on my porch.

Thumbnail by zhinu

Here's another one

Thumbnail by zhinu

Here's one my Grandma has that I think is great

Thumbnail by zhinu

A wonderful one I got on one of the swaps.

Thumbnail by zhinu

Christmas frogs

Thumbnail by zhinu
Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi laura,
Frogs and country are the best !!!!

I really envied Laura her patio frogs....I hear mine a lot but very rarely do we see them....

We had lots of frogs and toads when I was a kid in OK....used to go up to my uncles stock tank and try to catch the Bull Frogs....we always got a lot of tadpoles to play with!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

I don't see as many as I did when I was a kid either.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Here is my bog! Actually the bog is shared ground. It is a peice of protected wetland in Illinois! It is home to some rare plants and animals. Here EVERYTHING IS PROTECTED BY LAW. You cannot disturb the vegetation, like digging plants out from it or trespass on parts. The conservation portion owned by the state will not allow horses trapsing on it, there is no hunting, no firearms, no ATV's allowed, no fishing, no dumping, etc.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

OMG LAURA!!! Leave it to you! Cute frog tree!

Susan105

BB, love that wetland....we have an area like that just out of town, the Black River runs through the middle of it. The big dairy farm adjoining was willed to the State to add to it...the only part I didn't like about that was the wonderful old Farmhouse and Huge barns that have just been allowed to fall apart since then.

I love wetlands! I'm glad the protect them because most people don't respect the good they do.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well there are different kinds of wetlands which some are protected and some are what they call buffers, some are farmable wetlands and then there are places like mine that are rare and have a special eco system of their own.

Farmers today have to watch out where they are doing what and you just cannot DUMP manure on certain areas without violating a regulation of some description if you are not careful. Most farmers are, but you have a certain mentality of city farmers that come in and they think they can come onto a property and DO anythign they want and get away with it.. NOT TRUE. Unless you got some screwups on the boards that protect those areas.

Our bog is part of 50 acres in the entire state of Illinois that is this special ecosystem. Now you got to be a fool or plain stooopid to be dumping manure near where it is protected because you could cause severe consequences to the bog. Now I would hate to be the guy caught doing so. Can you imagine the fines? Some people are just such plain idiots and careless what they do because its all about them and no one else. How selfish can that be?

Go back up and read that other sign again.. very carefully in what is prohibited....then read this one. Particularly the bottom line.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.