FROGS IN MY BASKET!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well actually the frog in the basket started out in my flower arrangers tool box!!

The other little guys are just some cute ceramics I have that I add to my arrangements as well.

So ok, show us your frogs! This ought to be interesting! Come come hop to it!! They can be of any breed!! Any type, stuffed or like the one here that is spiked!

I tried finding a thread here on them, but to no avail so if I missed it I am so sorry, please someone add the link!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Ok, what no one has frogs??? Terrible thing.. you have to have some frogs! It is important to the ecosystem!!

They come in all colors and sizes!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Here is one of my favorites.. he is really important to the ecosytem!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

He is lifesize on a postage stamp!! LOL!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

How you see him on the thumbnail is the biggest he gets!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

BB, great thread! Distant shot.

Thumbnail by gardener105
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Ok, guys where are youuu! Come out come out where ever you are!

I know there are yards just chocked full of hoppers! Show yourselfs!!

Dont be shy! Surely you cannot have cold feet?!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Close up.

Thumbnail by gardener105
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Awww, now thats what I am talking about you cute lil peepers!!

Come on hop to it there are more of you I just know it!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Cute BB Cute!!! LOL! Distant shot.

Thumbnail by gardener105
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Close up, and that's all I have for now!^_^ Will get some more this summer and post!
Susan105

Thumbnail by gardener105
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Gardener105, thanks for coming!

Im loving it! Cant wait to see the rest of the gang hop in!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

That's funny, I posted last night and it didn't show up. Huh? I know, I'm loving it too, but it seems we're the only ones that want to show off our frogs.^_^
Susan105

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL!! Aww they are just stuck in tadpole mode....LOL! Cant hop to it yet!

I love that purdy pot you got there! Be neat to see a Chameleon stting on that thing!! LOL Take a trip and not even leave the pot!! Colors!! whooooOoo! Can ya picture that thing on a turntable and under a strobe light!! Eeeecks! Wowwee!! Cool man!

Well I got a few more frogs.. just need to get the camera clicking again.. they keep hoping out of the lens!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

LOL, BB. Our youngest GD painted that a couple of yrs ago. We had all 3 paint a pot for us for the porch. We got oe several yrs ago from one of our friends little girl. Here's a pic of all 4. The 3 on the left are our GK's, youngest to oldest.
Susan105

Thumbnail by gardener105
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Aaawwwwww~! Sooo cute! Kids do the sweetest art!

Well, I have been poking around here today.. its cccccold outside. I think my frogs are hibirnating...except for this fat jolly joker! Poor guy has a broken toe....But we keep him around anyway. No one sees his feet when he is sitting in a flower bed!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Poor guy! He's a cutie!

london England, United Kingdom

Nice froggies!

I Will have a look for some!

Ribbet Ribbet!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well SPRING IS HERE on my sand pond!! HOOOORAY!

I hear teh little guys starting to chip already!! WIll not be long before we start seeing them!

I gotta show ya something.. look at this pic! Its a scale I have that grows on our greenhouse on the outside. Remember this pic because I have a frog here that is the same color! Might be a while before I get a photo of that cutie, but I am on the hunt!

Interesting textured weirdness growing there Blossom!

I found a frog!!

Thumbnail by terriculture

It is a frog money box with a hole at the top....... ideal for flowers LOL!

Thumbnail by terriculture
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Interesting growth you have BB!
tc, Welcome! Cute money box!
Susan105

Hi Susan, Thank you! Love your GK's painted pots, so precious!
It looks like Blossom is hibernating today!!!

This message was edited Mar 9, 2009 12:01 AM

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Hi tc! You're welcome! Thank you, the GK's loved painting those pots. I think you're right about BB! LOL
Susan105

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

ZZZZZZZ....mmumble toss turn dream...... ouch.. sticker...dang it!!

LOL!

RIBBET! Zzzzzzzz........baaaack to pond........

He looks peaceful in that pond. Great photo!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

LOL! BB, you're too funny!^_^ Great pic!

Ribbet Ribbet

Susan105

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, now I am awake!! The frogs are chirpping and we are starting to see our frog parents come back to life!!

Isnt this guy a beauty!! Hes a little leopard froggie! Pretty soon if all goes right in the bog here, we should have bunches of these and other species hopping here!

Now that reminds me, I want to look something up. I want to learn more about frogs,, their life in the pond. from egg to, swimming to hopping! How long it takes and such So I went to Wikepedia..

Heres their thread... pretty cool!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frog

Ribbet ribbet ribbet ribbet,
Ribbet ribbet ribbet ribbet,
Ribbet ribbet ribbet ribbet
What a chorus!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Great website! I added it to my favorites so I can read more later.
We not only have the little guys, we have Bull frogs too. They give a short eek when you startle them, then it startles me! LOL! I had one scream at me one time, it was in the yard and I was using a shovel to kind of help it along out of the yard and it sounded like a woman screaming. It was so funny to hear such a large frog scream like that. They're about the size of an open hand, sometimes larger.

Ribbet Ribbet

Susan105

This message was edited Mar 9, 2009 8:20 AM

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Ribbet ribbet!! LOL! We also have toads and bulls!

The bulls sound like a loud old oboe out in the bog! What a chorus! Some are screaming, some are chirping some are oboe oooboee! Natures symphany!

We also have snakes and last year I caught a little tiny worm snake trying ot eat a big frog that no way was that snake able to consume, but he had a gripe on the poor frogs toe and woudl not realease him. I had to sepearate the two and eeeks how I hate snakes! I sure wished now I had a camera on me then because it was however kind of funny to see that little snake no bigger than a worm trying to bite off more than he could chew too! Frog legs, many parts are edible, but not for you!

Ribbet Ribbet Ooooh-booe chirp scream!!

Ribbet!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

BB, ROFLMBO!!! You are so funny! I know what you mean about the bulls. We have at least 50 or more bull tadpoles in our pond every yr. At first they're about the size of a quarter and by the time their legs emerge they're about the size of a dollar coin (the old one's). And where they go from here is beyond me. A few stay and grow up, but the others just disappear. I have however found at least 2 large one's flattened on the road. I think they try to cross at night and get run over. There was one last yr that was crossing the road during the day and these 2 on coming cars came along, I thought for sure it was a goner. The car that was in the same lane as the frog, stopped and waited for the on coming car to go by, then he went around the frog. That was that frogs lucky day!

Ribbet Ribbet Hurum Hurum Chirp Chirp Scream!!

Susan105

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

We got lucky one year here and we were out in our woods just in time for the frog exodus. As we were hiking in our woods all of a sudden the ground came alive literally with ga-trillions of froglettes that just left the pond to higher ground. It was amazing. They were all the size of a quarter and as far as the eye could see! We had a hard time walking because there were so many of them and they were boinking all about and across your boots and up the pant legs! Totally awesone. and not something you get to see every day. And you just did not know which way to turn because the ground was so thick with them you would almost step on one or two if they were not so quick!

Im glad they were not snakes!! NOT FOND OF SNAKES at all! Them critters always gotta hole up in my garden pots and scare the bee-Ms out of me too. Frogs, I love, snakes booo hiss.

CHIIIIRRRRP! Ribbet OOOOB-OOOOOOOOO- HURRRRM

Beats a rattle hands down! Or one slithering thing falling out of a tree on you when your hiking.. e-YUK! Now them things will make you .....well..

you know....

do laundry! (whatja think I was gonna say!!) LOL! This is a family thread!

This message was edited Mar 9, 2009 10:35 AM

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

A French Frog, from my friend Jim in France..

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

A Spring Song.....Ribbet, ribbet...!

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

A Friendly Frog......

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

Car frogs......

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

discussing Christmas gifts with Santa Frog and his Angel Frog....

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

There is Cedric my traveling friend (he has his own thread)

I have many more but they will have to wait for another time......

Thumbnail by zhinusmom
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Ribbet, a gardener after my own heart!! You go girl, cuz I am running out I think I hvfe 2 or 3 left until the live ones start showing up for their picture shoots!

I am hearing some some of our little ones occasionally now, haven't seen them yet....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.