Flowerpot Cafe 19

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

We came from here -
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/941878/
or here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/946234/
or was it here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/950788/
Well, now that the New Year and Valentines Day are over thought it might be a good time to head back into the newly designed cafe and spruce the place up for the upcoming spring and/or (winter for Sue). I can't contribute much just yet but do have a little surprise in my new shoot on the pineapple lily so lets begin with that drab thing and I'll put it by the window where we can see Steve's house and hope he sees it and comes back to the cafe for a cuppa.
Hoping you all can drop by and put a little something on the tables, it will make a warm welcome as well for when Terri returns.
I made some homemade turkey potpie and Madame Woodsy will warm it up piece by piece for whomever needs a warm up today. I bet the milkshake man will be happy to heat some of those into cocos as well for this crowd that still needs the heat turned up.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Just in case you are wondering it hasn't been baked yet LOL!
Here is that new pineapple lily shoot I mentioned.

Thumbnail by haighr
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

sniff, sniff.. SNIFFFFF! hmmmm ahhh! the smell of Pot Pies!

Waaay to go! Well, I am still a basket case...And I have the blues. Easter colors.....pastel....maybe that woudl cheer us all up.

Terri has me hunting for those McCoys still.....

Will have to check on my pothos....see if its growing ok, maybe I can bring it to the cafe later.....

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Once a basket case, always a basket case they say!
Start painting some eggs for Easter and start a new thread for the Easter Holiday, that shall surely perk you up blossom.
Hope you find your "real McCoys" soon!
What is a pothos?

Humansville, MO

hi all
i got egg for the easter coloring
elle

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

No need to color the eggs here.. the chickens here do that natural for us.. they are pink, yellow, brown, tan, green, blue...this years are only tan, green, blue and white.

um. pothos....hmmmmmm see frog below!

Some people call it devils ivy....mine is variagated...easy to start cuttings in water.. just cut and soak! Stick them in a vase and watch them root! LOL!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

haihgr, well 25 years, congrats!

The DH and I do everything together.. well, we were until his current job that takes him too much traveling now, but still, we are in it for the perverbial forever and the then some! Been through so much, we even finish each others sentences! Thank God for the telephone! We hate the job, but its a living, lousy as it is. Customer service got him on the run everywhere.

Guess I best go look for the Easter baskets.. the blues have all but gone!

This message was edited Feb 16, 2009 2:59 PM

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I smelled your pie all over the 68 threads I watchign and had to stop by for a quick chat , a cup of coffee and a piece of pie. : )

I had two lonely daffodils bloomign today. I thought abotut he cafe, btu then just couldn't brign myself to cut them they hd been threw so much.

I been workign on tryign to uncover plants and hope fully something will bloom this year.

Hope everybody is doign good.

Louisville, KY

My dear Madame Woodsy, would you please do me the kindness of a slice of that yummy pot pie. Why thank you. Mmmmm, nothing like comfort food to cure what ails ya. Thanks Candee. ;) And I do believe I'll have a blackberry shake to wash it down.

Whoo hoo! Spring is almost here. Congrats to both of you on your greenery. My tulips, snowdrops and crocus are peeping up. Daffs and daylilies too. We are supposed to get snow flurries this week, cooler temps, so I moved a few things into a cold-frame. Thought I would try forcing a few pooted up bulbs. Y'all know how it is to Jones for blooms. lol.

Congrats to all of you on your long wonderful relationships. Still smoochin' after all those years. lol We are pups in comparison, just over 4 years, but still going thru a lotta lip-balm.

Ok, I brought real homemade mac-n-cheese, 20 racks of BBQ ribs, pulled pork, deep-fried okra and mushrooms... ok, I have to stop. I'm making myself drool all over the place.
Joe, hit me again.

Louisville, KY

Hello Star! Glad you stopped by. Isn't that pie wonderful! We also have a milkshake machine, courtesy of Terri. Our shake-maker's name is Joe and she will be happy to whip up whatever flavor your tastebuds desire. Spring, spring.Hope is a bloom that opens when you least expect.
Cheers to new growth.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Ohh, milkshakes now. Gettign fancy. Got any of the old 45 records playing. Pe, shakes, music, take me back to the 50.'s and 60's. : )

Plantgeek. What a neat saying. Have to remember that one. : )

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hey star glad you dropped in for some potpie, it was really good wasn't it. Chock full of veggies and lots of them homegrown.
Hey geek, better get this plate of ribs away from me, you wouldn't think I could eat 20 lbs. of them, but I can sure give it my best shot!!!
Yeah elle on the eggs for easter, guess you need to find out what kinda dye blossom is putting in her chicken feed to get those colored eggs LOL! would sure save you a lot of work, right?
Good for you geek getting things popping outta the ground, not a sign here yet and likely will enjoy your spring blossoms and by the time yours have ended you can pick a few of mine. Won't be long now as stated it is just around the corner.
blossom, thanks for the photo, now that I see it I think I used to have one of them ivy thingies!
Well better get to work catch you all later.
Candee

This message was edited Feb 17, 2009 7:29 AM

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

No trickery on the eggs! They are all natural! The color egg depends on the breed of the hen. Go to the basket case #2 thread and there is a pic of the eggs there! Sorry I am on wrong computer to post pic....

I have some problems trying to sort through. Our vehicle broke down on Friday... my electric bill is due and I am sitting here going how on earth am I going to get through this as the power probably will go down for being late in payment... no way to travel either.. grrrr. The DH past due on being home. What a mess. So if I am not around, you know I am down in power screamin at the top of my lungs in agony..

Hello star, cant recall if I had the pleasure to met you.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Here is path to easter eggs!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/939930/

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Now please just take it easy blossom, we all have those frustrations - just take a deep breath and don't go havin no coniption fit on us! meanwhile I'll go check out your eggs.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Im a happy... Im a happy .....I am a trying to convince myself I am a happy something or other or is that someone or other?... !!!!

Watch out for those......... frogs!

I think I will go clean the kitchen.. its a mess again for some silly reason.. COLD WATER, get in here and start licking! (Danged water heater again......!!!}

This message was edited Feb 17, 2009 10:44 AM

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Good idea there blossom, go and do something to keep you busy and distracted. DH will be home soon and the electric will get taken care of and the car will be fixed.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Blososm Buddy. Don't know if we met or not, been with everybody here for quite awhile, just been busy and haven't visited much.

Louisville, KY

Blossom dear, here, have one of my Get-You-@$$-Happy Joy Juice Concoctions made of entirely all-natural ingredients such as (drumroll please) a breath of fresh air, a new perspective and most important, the knowledge that all is not lost when you still have lips.
So there.
And Coldwater is on the way. He was busy rolling around in something stinky.

Thanks Star, I made that up- I think.

Humansville, MO

hi all
the weather been ok here
we still having trouble with the rabbit
they can not take the up and of the weather
elle

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Sounds like a real pick me up blossom better take geek up on that offer and guzzle it down fast!
elle, what is the rabbit problem, I don't understand?

Humansville, MO

hi all
they do not want to mate
we are not getting any baby rabbit
we grow meat rabbit
elle

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well I bet that geek can come up with a concoction that will have them doing the bunny hop if you know what I mean. do you think the weather is affecting them seriously or what would the problem be?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks Geek!

Whooooo hooo! I am happy! The truck is back!! Yippy! Now maybe I can get my teeth fixed....well, grumb;e grumbles on pain... Geek, make it a double!

Elle. I had that problem once and it turned out that we had two bunnies of the same gender in the pen....Rabbits are so dang hard to tell who they are I swear! Well least as was for us! Then we got with the program...had bunnies everywhere!

Geek, check your D-mail.. I am sending you photos of ColdWater when he was a pup! Let me know they came!! Sorry I cannot post them here, the system eats them.

Howdeedo again Star!

Louisville, KY

Elle, I do have a get-hoppy potion. hehehe Let me just whip out my pasties and a G-string. lololol No, nevermind. Don't want to send them into cardiac arrest. Too much mojo for wee creatures. They would explode like the fembots' heads on Austin Powers.

Allrighty then, back to reality...

Blossom. glad to hear the good news. Wheels are important.
I have to say, Coldwater is the biggest dog in the universe. Y'all would not believe it. I swear his head is as big as a VW bug. You could literaly slap a saddle on him. His toe is the size of a Chiguagua. If I had a dog like that, I would never worry about criminals.
Blossom, hats off to you. He is impressive and beautiful.

Elle, I hope your bunny problem is solved soon.

Candee, how's your weather? Did you all get a break from the snow and cold?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hey geek, well seeing as how it snowed and sleeted yesterday, if we did get a break I have already forgotten about it !
Good thought on those bunnies blossom, elle, get out there and make sure you got them sorted right. Maybe they have jumped pens on you when you weren't lookin. Hope you get them multiplying soon as it is soon bunny season isn't it?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

G'Morrrrning! And a frosty one it is with 1/4 inch of sssnnnnoow! Will it ever end? I swear we are gonna have that ground hog butchered and give him to some poor redneck family to eat. Course we are not beleiving in the bruhaha the critters folklore is all about because its always winter for 6 to 12 weeks after February 2 in my neck of the woods!

Elles how you making out... er I should say how are the rabbits making out now? You should have a litter of babies about what every month eh? I forget.. but I know its a lot of bunnies once they get spring fever. Perhaps its just not quite warm enough.

Here is some romantic candles for them! Hoping you have a Match made in bunny heaven!!

Gonna grab a cuppa and head out here to feed the critters.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, jeez, no wonder things are not going right in rabbitvile...old Blossom can't get her majik right this morning.. the old wand must be frozen!!

OK>>> hippity hoppity boo, some candles just for you!

There now, should work.

Humansville, MO

hi all
i printed the picture for my dh can hange it up in the rabbit barn
may be it will give them idea
elle

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL!! That ought to do the trick elle!!

Do you have pics of your bunnies?? Do show us!

I am off to lunch, but will hope to see them later! Have a great day!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Now if that doesn't work elle, I think you are going to have to take them to marriage counseling so they can work out their rabid problems!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

{{{faint}}}!

Louisville, KY

They could rub each others feet to get lucky. Hugh Hefner could send out one of his "bunnies".

Humansville, MO

hi all
i will have too take picture
elle

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Drum roll for elle...!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Where did everybody go, are you all snuggled up in bed hiding from the cold temps or have you gone on holiday?

Humansville, MO

hi all
i am working on chickern and house plant
the weather been cold but no snow
suppoes to be in the 40 and 50 the next few day
elle

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hopein the snow is over for us, but still have March to get through, so just never know.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Lurking about.. I have been working on my plant lists....while listening to the big guy snore fast asleep in his chair! Just music to my ears!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, today we actually did something out in the garden. We gave teh apple tree a new look, pruned some lilacs and did some general cleanup of a lot of the downed branches from the ice storm.

Temperature was chilly, but nice and great not to have to wear gloves!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.