GLUTTON for punishment Quilt block swap

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

CLOSED, no new swap members, this swap is FULL! If you want to join a swap go check out the baby quilt challenge, STILL openings there! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/955698/

I am organizing a new quilt block with a 1 deadline MARCH 15 for signups. Mailing date is MAY 18, 2009.
Block Specifics: EVERY BLOCK MUST CONTAIN A FLORAL PRINT. YOU choose the block pattern you are sewing and the colors YOU will be using.

PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS NOT THE "THINK SPRING SWAP!!!! IT IS THE SAME RULES EXCEPT DEADLINES!!! THIS GIVE PEOPLE A CHANCE TO COLLECT 24 BLOCKS OF THE SAME TYPE, OR ONLY 12 BY PARTICIPATING IN ONLY ONE OF THESE SWAPS. FOR CLARITY, PLEASE REFER TO THIS SWAP AS THE "GLUTTON SWAP" Sorry to shout but I really need you to pay attention to this rule, this is the "Glutton Swap". Since many of us will be in BOTH swaps, its important that you keep them "separate" from each other. IF you choose to be in BOTH swaps, honor the DEADLINES. Please do not expect to mail out "Spring" based on "Glutton" deadlines if you want to mail them together!

1. PLEASE make sure the fabric is 100% cotton and prewashed! If in doubt, don't use it.
2. Do not use any spray starch on blocks, spray sizing is OK.
3. A block should measure 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 when finished. (so that it will be 12 x 12 when sewn in quilt)
4. You will make ONE block for each participant, there will NOT be more than 12 participants.
5. Remember after you make a quilt we would love to see your results!!

The purpose is to have fun!

Deadline for sign up is 15 March, unless we have 12 people sign up before the deadline.

So ladies!! Confirm your interest and post the colors you will be using. First come 1st choice of color selection. The goal is to get all the colors of the rainbow into these blocks. We can have 2 or 3 of a color. The goal is that we will get a smathering of colors and florals. This will be great way to welcome in Spring.

The deadline to have all blocks mailed to the swap members is May 18th. Be sure you are listed in the address exchange. IF you have had trouble meeting swap deadlines, PLEASE do NOT overcommit and sign up for this one until you KNOW you can keep the deadlines! Can you tell this important to me?

We will accept Non-subscribers on a case by case basis. If you have participated before, and there were no problems, I am sure you'll be allowed in this one. I do NOT think its a good idea to post your name & address on the internet, PLEASE take care of addresses by d-mail.

Be sure to put your username and real name on the block that you send AND THE SWAP the block is for!!! . You can pin it on or put a label on it, whichever works better for you.

Members of this swap and the color they are using:

Your hostess and first member:
1 Psychw2 - Pat - Reddish-Orange/ yellow
2 Mittsy - "Surprise, no details on color given"
3 Rhodiegirl, - gray pink & green
4 Quilterbdsr - yellow maroon & green
5 ladydragon5 blue in field of green ;-) (thanks!)
6 BarefootT - GREENS blue & purple
7 Morknotmindy ??
8 Moodene ??
9 Abbisgranma peach/coral
10 Luvs2garden Pink, Yellow, red, or purple (not blue, we have 2 now)
11 Fleursdefouquet (decision coming....)
12 Babee girl

I may be reaching the limit of my edits for the day! I will update this LATE this evening. don't panic if you don't see me list you!

This message was edited Feb 23, 2009 2:29 PM

This message was edited Feb 26, 2009 1:42 PM

This message was edited Feb 27, 2009 2:04 PM

This message was edited Mar 25, 2009 11:44 AM

This message was edited Mar 27, 2009 10:08 AM

This thread has 203 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!