February Orchids in 2009 part 2

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Oh I love this one!! I don't think mine will bloom this year but I'm trying to remember where I got it. I know it was at the October 2007 Tower Hill (MA) Show. Who did you buy it from, Ursula?

Miltonia and Coelogyne with second bloom.

Thumbnail by boojum

Close up of Coelogyne lawrenceana with 2 blooms. Great scent, too. My orchid rooms are so intense when I go to water in the AM. One room with this big guy and the other with the Sedirea.

Thumbnail by boojum

Another flower is open on the Ctna. Why Not x Lc. Gold Digger

Thumbnail by boojum

A new spike on the Wilsonara Kolibri.

Thumbnail by boojum

My waiting room.

Thumbnail by boojum

A new flower open on Paph liemianum x sib. And 2 buds on Paph. Henrietta Fujiwara.

Thumbnail by boojum

Sedirea japonica.

Thumbnail by boojum

Cym possibly Purple Temple today.

Thumbnail by boojum

And in my livingroom: Ludisia discolor.

Thumbnail by boojum

Whole plant.

Thumbnail by boojum
Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

My first cymbidium bloom!! I was told it was red. LOL!! It didn't have a tag.
Janet

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

Oops!! Forgot to post the picture.

Thumbnail by JanetOS
Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

Janet, better a white bloom than none, I would say? :-)

Kathy, how is the Accordeon playing coming along? Strangely enough I was thinking about it the other day and your Ludisia pic reminded me again.
Your Cym "Possibly Purple Temple" reminds me of my red noid. Long slender leaves and fairly long spikes?
People must really LOVE to wait at your place. I know I would! What a gorgeous room.
Pretty Kolibri!!
Kathy, I wish I would remember the vendor for the L x Epi. Unfortunately there is no info on the tag and I didn't write it down, I remember grabbing the plant as an afterthought. ( I can exclude Hoosiers, Andy, Oak hill, Parkside)

Odessa, FL(Zone 9b)

Even the Orchid Police can't believe all these postings. Just beautiful Kathy!

Ursula, I was looking back a few days and noticed Sedirea japonica. I just love the color.

Jim

I remember it was one young guy manning a table. Dave Walker was selling next to him and he was so excited about my wanting it. I believe he had made the cross. Maybe there were 2 of them, maybe brothers? All vague. Here is my tag. Is yours in the same hand?

I was taking lessons on the accordion from folks in Rome, Italy. I was doing well but then I found out that my accordion is in the wrong key for lots of European music (I have D & G scales only). So that messed me up-they didn't substitute songs I could play. Put a damper on things. But I bought a new book and a software program that transposes to any key. And then I had tons of reports and evaluations at work and I stopped all together. Now most of my reports are over. So I'm thinking of starting in. I also bought a guitar for my grandson and tried to learn a bunch so I could teach him. So I'm actually getting better at guitar rather than accordion this winter!!

Thumbnail by boojum

Hi Jim,
You've got to put blinders on those policemen for me.
You would like the scent of the Sedirea a lot more than the color!!!

Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

Good for you Kathy, got to keep on playing.
I just pulled out my lists, I thought I bought lundii x at the SEPOS, not so! It was the Parkside Orchid fest in July 2008. Hurrah for lists...My tag had been printed.

I just googled it and came up with Brennan's orchids. I think that's it!!
http://store.brennansorchids.com/servlet/Detail?no=422
I can't find the vendor list of the 2008 Orchid fest, but Brennan will attend in 2009. The name does ring a bell.

and Jim, I am happy you are looking!

That's it Ursula!! Thanks! My plant has two new little growths so prolly bloom next year, I hope.

Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nahh, 2 little growths you say? I would say this year, a few months from now. The growth does not have to harden for spikes to emerge.

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Next months thread is here!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/957889/

Dearborn Heights, MI(Zone 6a)

Zygoneria Adelaide Meadows

Thumbnail by DaylilySLP

Daylily, come on over to the link in the post above yours so all can see your beautiful Zygoneria!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.