Lebanon, OR

another seedlings=

Think if we intro this one it will be emerald isle

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Lebanon, OR

tinkxsummoned spirit

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

those are beautiful !!!! good luck oh if you need a test garden let me know ;0)
Gloria

Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

Same here Dee, I love the last 2. You are inspiring me to try some crosses. Dee, how long can you store the seeds from crosses? Do they go bad after a while?

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Dee, if you want to sell a rhizome of the second picture I will volunteer. Love the coloration of that one.
But of course I would expect that of you, as you have excellent taste in iris.

Maxine

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Wow, really like the 3rd one!

Lebanon, OR

Thank you one and all. The test gardens must do me a favor of filling out a form I would send..

The seeds as long as they keep in cool to cold (not frozen) they have germinated after 4 years...how do I know, found a cross after that long last year and planted when I did the others and it is germinating now.

Your medians are easier to cross than the TB but TB do cross just not quite like the old saying of old where girls were concerned...LOL

I have several that will come with names of Cuppa Joe and Cafe' Mocha...

D

South Hamilton, MA

I will see our seedlings start to grow once the snow leaves--pumilas first.

Lebanon, OR

Lucy when will you see bloom, should see bloom sometime in late March or early April..

D

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I would fill out a book if you wanted !!! you have some real lookers there
Gloria

South Hamilton, MA

Our pumilas start in mid April. SDBs 2nd week in May--from there on into summer. I.Reticulata in late March to early April--we planted more of those last fall. Peak SDB used to be around the 18th of May, but in the sunnier location in the old pony paddock, it is a few days earlier.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Love emerald isle. That's a winner. I also remember a red and yellow broken color iris of yours -- don't remember the name. Are you going to introduce it? It was really a knock out. Third one is nice, too. You are inspiring, but I don't see myself as a hybridizer -- not enough room.

Lebanon, OR

The one you are talking about is Splashed Silk and should be able to intro it 2010, sent out to do testing...want to get a report on how it does in Zones 4-5-6-7 before I intro it.

This is one of the reasons I am not going to nationals this year, too many to do final judging on and if they make the cut then line out in Sept...but must really see them...

Lucky I have 5 more acres but trust me not, repeat not going to do anymore growing...just adding and removing.

D

Thank you

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

We will see if you can keep from planting all those nice new ones that keep coming out!

Santa Ynez, CA

those are awesome Dee, why didn't you register them.....they are great!!!!

Lebanon, OR

Not enough stock, only sent 3 to nationals in MI then this year will have to send some out to Canada..

This is a sister sib to Fern's Magic

Lebanon, OR

one of the coffee one

Lebanon, OR

bumblebee tail

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Gosh Dee, you have some great stuff in the pipeline! Bumblebee tail is really adorable. I like all the others as well. You are doing fabulous work!

Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

I like Fern's Sib and Coffee, you have a great eye for making crosses. Are you just going to stick with SDB's?

Lebanon, OR

I love the Dwarfs but also have several TB looking at one is Legislus (from Lord of the Rings) Reach for the Sky...

D

Thank you all for the compliaments.

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

All are very nice... really like the last three. You say "one of the coffee ones".... does that mean there are more?

Lebanon, OR

Yes, Neil, I have about 4-6 coffee ones I am looking at this year...

I never thought years ago I would like browns...but I do.

D

South Hamilton, MA

Since browns can be difficult for keeping the color when you outcross, many people don't try them--our best brown SDB is tannish with a rust colored spot (Little Hiawatha-bishop'75)/ John had a tan which cheked out yellow on the c. chart although it looked tan to the eye (Catamount) which was from a Demon (Hager) bee pod.

Lebanon, OR

So far these have not really done much fading. But last year was an odd year for weather and much later than normal so this year want to photo every day and check fade factor

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I love the browns mixed with other colors. Blyth is a master of browns, but they are usually brown and purple, brown and red, brown and pink -- and usually have more than 2 colors in them. That is how I got into Blyth -- Terracotta Bay, etc.

Lebanon, OR

Most of mine will have a big bushy different colored beard on them...

D

Santa Ynez, CA

isn't it amazing all the different colors, one more beautiful than the next..... I did not like the browns etc... but boy do they grow on you....great stuff Dee

Lebanon, OR

Thank you

D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.