Wanted Purple Texas Sage

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

I would love some purple Texas Sage for SASE or trade. Thanks!

GreenerBeaner

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Can you be more specific...there's alot of "Texas Sage" (common name out there)?

I have this "Texas Sage"

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/224937/

If you do a search on "Texas Sage" I came up w/ 51 matchs....

Are you looking Salvia ?

mj

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

MJ,
that is beautiful wish it would grow like that up here.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I have this one: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/54689 , but I don't know how to gather seeds from it. I'm going to try to take a cutting for another friend. Assuming I can figure out what I am doing, I'd be happy to send one to you, too.

Marylyn_Tx,
I'd like one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arejay, Yup, that is one of my pride and joy plants. Got a little beat up during Tropical Storm Faye, but is coming back beautifully. I have a smaller one on the other side of the house.
I'm working on cuttings for them now. You might be able to grow it in a pot up there and take it in for the winter ??...if you have a really sunny spot for it....They are fairly slow growing.
Remember your supposed to remind me when the weather gets nice enough up there to send you a Salvia Black and Blue, If you want I could send a cutting of this and you could try it and see.
mj

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

MJ: Yes, I would like the salvia. I was looking through the Garden Tours forum and saw a picture with the caption "Texas Sage" that I loved. I, too, looked it up on PlantFiles and saw that there were tons of entries, but I was general because it doesn't matter much to me what the cultivar is. As long as it is big and lovely and purple and good for my zone. That being said, the one you have is beautiful, but it looks like it won't work in my zone. Thanks, though!

Marylyn: That sounds great, but I've never grown anything from a cutting before. I might need a little hand-holding at first. Also, if it turns out the shipping is more than about $10, that would probably be a no-go for me, as I have maxed out my gardening budget, and it's not even Spring!!! Let me know what you find out - I'd love to try!

-GreenerBeaner

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh MJ Spring and salvia what could be better . Yes good idea I have a very sunny spot and there is always room for one more in the house in the winter right?
Robin

GreenBeaner...
I'll look thru my seeds and see what I have for a purple salvia.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.