Save my driveway, please

Eunice, MO(Zone 5b)

My gravel driveway is eroding. I have no money for a large project but need my driveway to be useable. I have watched someone put in a post by digging a hole and then just pouring in quickcrete, add water and post was set. I have seen the ground residue where concrete haulers have rinsed their trucks. These experiences have made me wonder if it is possible to stop or at least reduce the erosion byt sprinkling quickcrete on the parts of the driveway that are having a problem. If I can't do this, why not? What future problems will I be creating by doing this? This driveway is almost 30 years old and on an incline and overdue for maintenance. I need a quick, fairly cheap even temporary solution. More gravel is not going to help right now because of the ruts. I tried that last year.

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!