Moving Seedlings To the Greenhouse

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I started a bunch of spring crops in the house under lights. The are getting bigger and I want to move them to the greenhouse. Do I have to place lights over them or is the light from the GH enough?

BB

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

its enough

Thanks

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

BB - Be sure to adjust them to the light gradually - my experience is, they could burn! Also, soon, the heat may be too much for them - on a 70* day, it is near 100* in my greenhouse - I have to vent, plus open door & windows. I need to get shadecloth SOON! Samantha

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

I don't think that you have to worry about adjusting them to light-esp not if the plastic is treated.

Fulton, MO

Ditto tigerlily

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Really? You mean 'cause it's still kinda winter sun?

They are doing well. I was worried about them becoming leggy but they are growing nicely

Pagancat: The greenhouse plastic is treated so yo don't get the UV rays that would ordinarily burn them.

BB

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Geez, news to me. Is that an automatic or did you have to specify plastic that is UV coated?

And actually, I'd bet mine would be even less likely to, with two layers. I hope it doesn't block out even more than that....

Johns Island, SC

Ditto tigerlilly and stressbaby on moving plants INTO a uv protected GH. I've never had a problem. Moving them OUT of a uv protected GH is a whole different kettle of fish. That must be done slowly and gradually, or you'll burn the bejeezes out of them (like I did one year!).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.