Which Adhesive to Use?

Plain City, OH(Zone 5b)

I am in the process of documenting our family history. My goal is to document our history in an attractive manner. I have carefully scanned in all of the old pictures, color corrected, etc, etc. and been careful to keep everything acid free. A LOT of work is already behind me. While I consider the books attractive, they are not intended as 'coffee table books'. I am putting many pictures and lots of information per page and using the slip on page protecters. I have been using the craft (acid free) glue sticks for most everything because they seem to be the inexpensive route to go. THEN . . . . Last night someone told me that the glue from the sticks only lasts about 5 years and then dries and stuff falls off. Has anyone heard this info or had an experience with the glue sticks? Do I need to switch to tape? (I have about 40 of 100+ pages done!)

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!