Just got fusable glass and have???s

Mesilla Park, NM

I have a small jewelery kiln that I got last year and have not used it, it is from the mid 60's and I have a question or two....... to start..

first, the kiln does work...

2nd... I got fusable and dichroic glass pieces at Hobbylobby to try it out.

I also got the little hooks for pendants.

my question is.... when do I put the hooks for the pendants on, do I glue them on?

Second question is, can I use scrap stained glass to fuse (to each other only) I have quite a bit of scrap, and if I do use this, how do you all put the wire into the glass for hooks, or do you drill holes for the wire?

I know that I can only fuse same COE glass, so I won't mix it.

I have a couple of small jewelery molds on order to get me started, but they are not here yet.

This is the book I got: Kiln Firing Glass, glass fusing book one, by Boyce Lundstrom and there is a lot of information that I am trying to retain, but, some doesn't make sense to me yet.

This thread has 54 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!