Has anybody got hippeastrum cherry lips?

Aschaffenburg, Germany

I know they come originally from Komoriya Nursery in Tokyo, Japan.

I found their webseite, but they don't respond to emails. I wonder if I should bother to write to them, I have heard that the Japanese don't care much to sell outside their country. If anybody has had any experience with them or possesses Cherry Lips and wants to trade with me, please dmail me.

Thanks

Martin

Ewing, VA

It's Pretty Lip. Cost of bulb in Japan is 3000Yen not including shipping, phytosanitary permit and finding a way to get them...lol!

(picture borrowed from a Japanese website)

Thumbnail by mariava7
Aschaffenburg, Germany

That is 32 dollars, well worth it...

Ewing, VA

If we get lucky, we might get some of these Japanese bulbs out of Japan. Pray with me.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I would love one of those but WOW don't think I would go 32.00 dollars. They are beautiful.

Solingen, Germany(Zone 7a)

Afaik both cultivars do exist - "Pretty Lips" and "Cherry Lips" and the first should be the older version, and the proportion of its central white color - the central "white star"- is somewhat smaller.

Ewing, VA

There is Pretty Song

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Both varieties must have been results of crosses with H. nelsonii

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Hello Haweha! Long time no see.

This is a flower for you...

Viva Papilio

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

All this pictures are from the Japanese company's website that takes care of selling the Komoriya amaryllis bulbs. They do not sell outside Japan. You cannot buy direct from Komoriya.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Those are some beautiful amaryllis. Too bad they will not sell outside of Japan.

This message was edited Feb 27, 2009 2:00 PM

Ewing, VA

Will it really be a pretty lip? We shall see in a few weeks!

Yessssss!!!

Thumbnail by mariava7
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Ok Maria how did you get a hold of that?

Ewing, VA

Sent by a Japanese friend...legally! LOL!!!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Does you friend need another friend? LOL!!! I cannot wait to see the pictures of our blooms!!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Yes does your friend need 2 more friends I will volunteer. LOL it is a beauty. Amaryllis are my favorite.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.