Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well hearts afire, where is everyone?

ROSIE IS RED
VIOLETS IS BLU
IM IN THE CAFE AND
MISSIN THE STUFFINGS OUT OF EWE!!!

Signed yer rednec lover
OX!

Now whoooo put that note on Plantgeeks table???!!!

This message was edited Feb 9, 2009 8:53 AM

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Never been known for my warm and fuzzy thoughts,
Candy and valentine cards, none have I boughts;
But to my dear friends here in the garden,
My bad manners will you please pardon;
Just know that with none of you do I pretend
You are my dearest most treasured friends!

Happy Valentines Day to each and every one of you the finest folks this side and that side of the world!

Candee

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Awwww! Here have a cuppa!

Soo morning Candee, hows things in your neck of paradise?

Right now we got partly sunny partly rainy.....the snow has melted, but boy, its soggybottoms walking in the bog here!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Let's just say you don't want to walk around w/o your rubbers, it is mushy here. No more snow and unseasonably warm and a mooshy, smooshy ground around.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, I have been stuck in the office again, cataloging more seed, developing pictures and trying to put out more spring knick knacks and just trying to undepress myself.

The sun decided to come out and stay so that is helping and well, things are on a roll.

Wonder where everyone is today! Must be tired from their wild sleighride yesterday!

Louisville, KY

O you big ox ,
I'm all aflutter
from words like that
smooth as peanut butter. Ack ack ack... opps forgot about that salmonela problem...

Aww shucks Candee. I'm all gooshy now. Here, have a posy to sweeten up yer nosey.

In honor of V-day, I made a red velvet cake, chocolate covered strawberries and cherry pie. And then for dessert, lol, here is raspberry trifle. Dig in y'all.

The weather is very surreal here, near 70 degrees, 2 foot snow piles in parking lots. It's the end of the world! Run Forrest, run!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

What a nice poem Candy! Happy Valentines to you too. . .as well as to everyone here!

Plantgeek, you're hilarious! Love the poem. . .salmonella and all. Thanks for the sweets. Thought I'd bring some chocolate liquor to celebrate as well.

Thumbnail by karmaplace
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh my, the party is again just starting! Cannot wait to see what is to come!

More mulling spice tea here.. anyone!

Oh and Karma, choc-laaaate!!!!! (in voice of Homer Simpson!! arrgle gargle gimme!!) YUM!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hey Karma, seems like every time I see you I somehow wind up dancin on a table somewhere and then get a whooping from Terri for misbehavin again, oh well, least somebody can put that booze to good use!
Thanks for the sweets and treats as always geek, believe it or not I have never tasted red velvet cake, just something about that color that sends up flags!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Yo geek, time for a recipe!! tear down the flags!! LOL!

Humansville, MO

hi all
happy V-day
it like spring here
egg any one
the animal go one by one
to take in the sun
does that make sence?
elle

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Nice to see you so chipper elle, of course it makes sense, the animals are all having a sunshine party for a change.
Okey dokey will have some of that cake now!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Good morning ladies!

It is 55 degrees here and sunny, DO WE DARE SAY......

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, geek is still working on that dessert!!! I got the salad bar open, c'mon up!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Dont forget the fried chicken and pork! E-yum!

Humansville, MO

hey
do not say fry chicken in front of my hen
lol
elle

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Blossom and Candee - nifty lines of rhymes there. Poetry has never been my forte, so I will not even attempt any.

Thanks everyone for the goodies. Karma - I like liquors - the sweeter the better..
Elle - you just have to cover your chickens ears and eyes. Not sure I have ever looked closely at a chicken to see where the ears are LoL.

Sue - are you okay where you are? My sense of geography is almost as bad as my sense of poetry, so I had to look up where Coffs Harbour is in relation to where the newspapers have been reporting on the devastating fires in the southern part of Australia. I am relieved to see that you are pretty far from where the bulk of the damages are, so I hope that your area is OK.
Hope to hear from you soon - just so that we know how you are.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

My hens either elle!! LOL! Lest we call them late for dinner!

Maybe thats why mine aint laying!! There chicken chickens?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Special for elle today is my bunlessCHEburger, chips and a huge strawberry shake! Bread is on the way if you want.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Heres your dinner, elle! Hope its ok!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

blossom, that is a real nice arrangement you got there. Did you make it yourself?
lol elle, your chicks don't need to worry with you in charge!
Dianne no need to even think about the poetry you are the dancer in this family remember?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks haighr, why yes I did. Finally getting to pull spring things out and welcome in the better weather. Still looking for those silly McCoys...!

Just got news this AM people down in Oklahoma had a rough night with tornadoes...Just talked to my DH and he was in that area a few days ago, actually left OK, yesterday.. thank God he has left there. They said 8 people got killed, buildings and trees, power down. What a mess. Yup, SPRING is coming in with a vengence when it starts raining frogs.

Check theirs...ugh

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/ap_on_re_us/severe_weather

Hope you are fairing fine this AM. I just got done slogging from the chicken coop and am looking to take my muckers off. Im done playing outside for a few hours.

Hey elle, how you fairing.. hear that nasty weather come your way and headed to TN.. as usual and right up the "alley"...

Terri, case you do not know what the Alley is, its the space in our midwest states that tordanoes generally seem to be... wlthough the weather can happen elsewhere...we live in the what is called the Alley.

Humansville, MO

hi all
we are doing fine
wet and mudding
i hope every o9ne in ok
are doing better today
we miss the worst of the storm
it just raing here
thank you for the dinner
the hen house is flood but the our on there roost
elle

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090211/ts_alt_afp/usweathertornado_20090211132557

That web is another report on Oklahoma... terri, there is a map. YOu can see the state of Oklahoma. Where they placed the word Washington... draw a line from the stat of Oklahoma to that letter W and that is sort of where the alley is and often the path of travel.

Read the thread on that website, you will get a better idea!

Elle glad you and yours are well and good.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Awwwwww Jeez! Someones mail keeps coming to my box!!
Hehehe! Now I wunner who dat be!

Hey Geek, hows that velvety cake coming??? droool!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Just popping in to tell everyone that Sue is safe and sound and out of harms way down under.

Also wanted to let you know that Terri will be away for a few days as well, so we must carry on ourselves, sure we will do a splendid job in her absence.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, no word from the geek... she must have had the stormy weather there too and its still going on... I know TN and KY are getting it and we are in line again...

My power is flicking here so I am sure we will be getting hit with some more storms,, but it is not raining now so I best go batton down the chicken coop... Later... sorry to leave you alone....

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hopin to hear from geek soon and as for you blossom, got batton down the hatches and hang on to your hat

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Storms, fires, ice and snow
I'm wishing them all to go
and leave my friends in peace,
a sweet springtime release.
May they soon see flowers grow
as trees burst out in verdant glow
and rainbows arc in bluing skies
to welcome back the butterflies.

bse

Louisville, KY

Well holy hoohahs Batman! Here we go again with bad weather- 40 to 70 mph winds. The lights are flickering, trees are crashing down, tornado watches everywhere. Wanted to check in quick before lights go out. So far so good. Better get off computer for now.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Whoooosh! THAR she blows!
Time to put on those RUBY RED slippers!
Looks like we are off to see the Wizaaaarrrrrdddd!

Yo geek, how fer are ya from London??? Thats London KY?

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Gosh, it looks like we're in for a great year weatherwise!
I hope everyone is ok.
Floods, fires, storms and such~!
What are you all doing for valentines?
I booked hubby and I in for dinner at a cafe out in the country. They have a band on the night and are licensed to sell.......ALCOHOL! (mmmm yummy, lip smacking)
I also booked us in to a cabin overnight, so we don't have to drive home on the country roads! (good thinking hmmm?)
We just had some good rain, so hopefully will have some flowers to arrange tomorrow!
Else I'll be cutting some foliage.
I hope this finds you all well?
Sue

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Morning, well, we are just trying to keep our feet on the ground.
Dont know yet were we will be for the 14th. Clicking out heels and hoping its home.

I know there will not be any booze and karousing here.. as usual, we are the designated drivers.

Humansville, MO

i am working
dave will be watching tv or doing work on his cp
trying to think what i can take to my people for val
elle

Louisville, KY

Sue! So good to hear from you. Glad you are ok. That is quite a tremendous fire. It's good to see such tremendous generousity to go along with it.

Sounds like you and hubby will have a great evening. Cheers to romance!
DW and myself are doing the diner and a movie thing, then leaving the rest to spontaneity.

Blossom, love the red sneakers. I think London, Ky. is close to the central Tennesee border, at least a couple of hours from here.
We made it thru the night, once again unscathed, thanks to the forces that be or to simple luck. The Ohio Valley is know for flip-flopping weather, but the extremety and frequency of it has most definitely increased over the past few years.
3 wks ago, temps were so frigid, the next week, we had the big ice storm, the week after that, temps hit near 70 and we had tornado watches (the 2nd winter in a row). I'm stocking up on canned goods as we speak. lol
Seriously though, the climate everywhere is changing due to our mismanagement of things. I won't get on a soapbox. Instead, I'll continue to collect canned beans, find a cave and scribble my pencil down to a nub while boys fight each other over the last drop of oil.
Y'all can come stay around my wood fire and roast wild yams. lol

Louisville, KY

Candee, thanks for letting us know about Sue and Terri.

Karma, yummers on the chocolate drinks! I love Kaluah. Try some in a milkshake.

Zany, good to hear from you and thanks for such wonderful thoughts for us. Hope Bob is well and you are able to take long walks with your pooch, splash a little sun on your face and listen to trees talk.

london England, United Kingdom

Hi everyone!
Thank you all for the beautiful poems, cards and Valentine arrangements, much appreciated here!
Love your kettle Blossom, keep making the tea and coffee, our latte machine has been broken for months!!!

Here's some fresh fruit for my dearest friends at the cafe' . Stay healthy everyone.

Thumbnail by terriculture
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh Terri that is lovely! Dibs on the pineapple eh! Glad you are back!

Elle. I had 2 eggs yesterday, looks like one of the leghorn gals decided to get on the stick and one of my EE gals gave a lovely green egg too! Dont work too hard

Sue, yes, was not ignoring you!! GLad all is going better too. YOur land of OZ sure has had its go!

Zany, love your poem!!

Geek, glad your here! The DH was in London last night and said it was horribly windy there with the sirens going off and all that rot. I spent the morning at home picking up roofing shingles in the garden.. Jeez, nature still has not let me clean up after the ice storm! Good thing I found the ruby reds for him, now he can click his heels too and come home!

Well, gotta go check whats cooking! Hows that scrummie cake of yours coming! Looking forward to doing those dishes! Hint hint for the recipe!!

This message was edited Feb 12, 2009 10:45 AM

Louisville, KY

Hey everyone, I sold a poem and bought a new latte machine for the cafe.
And I even had enough money left over for a bag of Sumatra Blue Batak beans. Please indulge yourselves.

One red velvet cake ready for slicing.

Terri, glad your'e back. Thanks for the delicious fruit! Just what I needed. And so pretty too.

Blossom, glad your hubby is safe. Can you whip up a pair of those shoes for each of us? We may need them lol

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

WHY SHURE NUFF! LOL!! But only if them slippers look alike!! Sure can....heres yours!

Next.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.