Chrissy,Alistair & Ann

Magnetic Island, Australia(Zone 11)

Ever wondered where all the Aus Garden folks went?

http://www.ozgrow.com/viewforum.php?f=34

el arish, FNQ, Australia

Mya, I actually found that awhile ago but decided not to join. Frankly, I didn't find Oz garden a very inviting place. I sort of thought that given that the Brugs Board was so busy that it was weird not to contact anyone or start one. I just think it's going to be the same Bossy boots clic all over again.
Too warm and cosey here :)
How are you guys coping with the lack of supplies? I heard the highway is pretty damaged from being under water for so long but they think it'll be open again on Wednesday. The recent tragedy in Vic certainly puts our inconvenient wet feet in perspective. My heart goes out to them. Ann

Magnetic Island, Australia(Zone 11)

I know Ann , I'll never complain about a cyclone again.

re supplies....got the whole family on a diet, LOL.

el arish, FNQ, Australia

Well just make sure you stock up on toilet paper!. There was not one roll when I went to the IGA in Tully yesterday. Low on kleenex as well LOL. Ann

Nowra, NSW,, Australia(Zone 9b)

Ew! Got any kelp?

Agree that lot too cliquey...

Sydney, Australia

Ann,
I believe you have a plentiful supply of banana leaves?
They would do the same 'job' LOL LOL LOL
(sorry not really thread related but could not help myself)
steve

Sorry Ann - we shouldn't trivialize your predicament! How are you doing?

el arish, FNQ, Australia

Laughing wildly at Budgie's suggestion! Thank you Alistair but it has rained in at least 24 hours Yipee! I was so excited last night I took a glass of wine and walked around in the moonlight for hours.
Then I watched the news and cried like a baby. Ann

Excellent - to the first bit.

I'm usually "frightfully British" about things, but seeing the Vic horrors, and more particularly listening to the people has had me tear-ing up too. Particularly seeing people in Qld who have had their houses and cars inundated talking about the disaster in Vic and dismissing their own probs. Such generosity of spirit....

Has anyone heard from Dale? I'm not sure exactly where in Vic she lives....

Barmera, Australia

G'Day Pogonantha, I've got some spare toilet rolls. Do you think it would help if I left some in the TEA ROOM for you? They are down the back near the grapes.
Regards Brian

el arish, FNQ, Australia

Brian, thank you but aside from my many banana leaves the highway was reopened today! I may pop over for a cuppa later :)
Alistair, I haven't heard from her. I hope she is OK as I think I remember she lived in a bushy area.
Mya, are you getting supplies? Hope everything is OK love.
Ann

Sydney, Australia

Sounds like things are on the improve up there. What a strange country we live in!
Hope the rain stays away for a while and your lives can get back to where they should be.
Cheers to all
Steve

Anyone got her (Dale's) email address? I think I only have an old one.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.