Can i have your support please!!!

Coushatta, LA

I'm trying to persuade admin that Camellia need it's own forum.I know it's not just me that love Camellias,there are many of you out there.This willbe one place to learn,discuss and share our love for Camellias.For those that wish to have such a place,and not have to look all overDG.Please express your support here.
Thanks,Cody
This is Giulio Nuccio.

Any and everybody is welcome to share their Camellia Pictures here.We would really enjoy them.

This message was edited Feb 8, 2009 10:00 AM

This message was edited Feb 8, 2009 11:43 PM

This message was edited Feb 24, 2009 11:31 PM

Thumbnail by TheAngelGirl
Coushatta, LA

This is Mathotiana.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm guessing you mean you'd like a new forum, rather than a new thread.

I love camelias! But I'd rather find threads about them in an existing forum rather than try to add another plant-specific forum to my "favorites" list.

(Sorry, I guess this is "feedback" rather than "support.")

:-)

Coushatta, LA

Yes,sorry i meant a forum not a thread.If i can get alot of people to help me support this then they might put one on their.I need your help to do this.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'd suggest starting a new thread with a clearer title.

The best way to convince admin that a new forum is needed for a plant that could be discussed in an existing forum is to have really active discussion on the topic in another forum -- maybe Trees & Shrubs? If there are so many threads on Camellias that they're starting to crowd out other topics, then it'll be clear that they need a forum of their own.

I wonder if Camellias could be added to the Rhodies and Relatives forum? I don't know if they're in the same family as Rhodies and Azaleas, but they do have some similar culture requirements as well as evergreen leaves, so that might be a good place to discuss them.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

It would be neat to have a forum just for camellias. I too love these winter beauties when nothing else is blooming.
Giving the camellias it's own thread would make it easier for fans and we don't have to traverse all over reading or discussing about them.
MHO
~Jaye

Coushatta, LA

Thanks a million Jaye.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

I, too, would like a forum rather than chasing other threads down to find information.

Coushatta, LA

Thank you ladies for your support here.You are right we do need a fourm on Camellias because they are such beautiful flowers.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

OK, Please make that 3. I would love to have a seperate forum for the Camellia's!
They are beautiful plants, and look wonderful blooiming, when nothing else does!
Linda Kay

Payson, AZ(Zone 7a)

Me toooooo.
JoAnne

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I'd like to see a forum for Camillias. We have a local garden club in town and they always sponsor a huge camillia show. I'd like to get involved with my local club but I much prefer knowing a little more about camillias first. Please consider camillias with it's name in a forum for ease in starting topics and of course finding information & interests.

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Linda kay for your support.

Coushatta, LA

Thanks JoAnn for your support.

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Deborah, for your support.

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

me too me too !!!!!

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Phyllis for your support.

This message was edited Feb 8, 2009 11:26 PM

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

I think a camellia forum would be fun too.....I think they are so beautiful!!

Coushatta, LA

ThanksTrisha,for your support.

This message was edited Feb 8, 2009 7:23 PM

Coushatta, LA

This is the Shrub of Giulio Nuccio.

Coushatta, LA

This is the Shrub of Mathotiana.

Greensboro, AL

There are several threads on camellias in the trees and shrubs forum.

I would support a separate forum - there really are no other shrubs like them. No they are not azaleas or rhododendrons.

Coushatta, LA

This is the Shrub Professor Sargent.

This message was edited Feb 8, 2009 7:59 PM

This message was edited Feb 12, 2009 10:15 AM

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Gloria125 for your support.

Greensboro, AL

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/359/

You are welcome, Rose Girl

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Gloria125,that is neat.This will also help to thanks alot.

Greensboro, AL

Prof. Sargeant is just finishing up in my yard. I ve seen grown women fight over that one for their Christmas decorations. It always blooms here for the Christmas open house at the local antebellum house museum.

What's coming on for Valentine's Day?

Coushatta, LA

That's funny i wish i could have seen lady fight over Professor Sargent.

This message was edited Feb 12, 2009 10:16 AM

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

If need be, I would be willing to dig 2 feet down to prepare a bed just for Camellias.

Don't have any at the moment but I support your request for a forum. Perhaps I would learn what my yard is lacking in order to grow them.

Christi

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I LOVE Louisiana. Where is Coushatta?

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Christi for your support.Everybodys support means alot to me.I'm doing this for all of us.

Greensboro, AL

Camellias need high shade, excellent drainage, and acid soil.

Also they do not like frost, but there is selection now for some frost tolerant varieties.

Coushatta, LA

Christi,Coushatta is south of Shreveport.

Coushatta, LA

Gloria,you want believe this but the Professor Sargeant is in wide open sun.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

........and if you have pine trees, try growing underneath them.
That's what most of the older residents do around here.

Greensboro, AL

Actually, my prof sargeant is in the sun, too. The tree that was supposed to shade it came down in the hurricane.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

My aunt and uncle lived in the Cedar Creek Lake area of East Texas and had the most gorgeous Camellia I have ever seen. Covered with red blooms. The soil was mostly sand.
I have black clay in zone 8a. Several things are suffering as they were recently covered in ice.

Coushatta, LA

Here are more pictures of Professor Sargeant.

Coushatta, LA

Picture 2

Coushatta, LA

picture 3

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.