Wooo Hooo!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Came in for a break. My hands are dirty, I'm sweaten and I'm up to my elbows pulling weeds in the front bed. The greenhouse is wide open and there are bees buzzin around the dandelions! Best part is that the 10 day says it's gonna be like this all week!!!!!

Conway, SC

It was actually 70 degrees here today. Life is so good. While planting my lettuce seeds, a beautiful yellow sulfur butterfly flittered by. Is that not strange?

What seeds are you planting? I have started nasturtiums, zinnias and marigolds in the greenhouse useing a heat mat and grow light (cheap shop light from Lowe's).. Everything is popping up nicely.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

It didn't quite make it to 70 here but it was wonderful. So nice to not have to wear a jacket in the house!

I've already started some Dutchman's Pipe, Aristolochia gigantea and fimbriata, Orchid Vine, Bauhinia corymbosa and Peruvian Lily, Alstroemeria aurea of which all at this moment are sitting on a heating pad set on low. This is my first time with the Alstroemeria, it's not an easy seed according to TM Seed Database. Requires soaking, heat, cold then heat again.

My next wave which I'll be planting this week will be the ones that need cold and will be left outside. They are two Peony Poppies, Black Peony, Red Peony and one called Wrinkled Rose, Eschscholzia california. Also some Windsor Series Primula, Primula acaulis and Chocolate Vine, Akebia trifoliata.

Some others, which will be started in a few weeks are Calendula, Orange Porcupine and Orange Smoothy, Petunia, the Opera Series and Double Cascade, Honeywort, Cerinthe major and Lisanthus, the Cinderella Series. I've also got Zinnias, Vignas, Datura and bunches of Morning Glory that will need to be started along with tomatoes and bell peppers. A lot of what I start early will depend on how much room I can make in the greenhouse.

I'm still going over my catalog and deciding what else I want for my garden and what I can use for trade. I always look up some of my more uncommon seeds in Plant Files to see which ones other gardeners are looking for.

X

This message was edited Feb 8, 2009 8:12 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.