CLOSED: CLOSED: what is a reasonable offer for this??

Reynoldsville, PA(Zone 6a)

i have a 5 gal bucket about 3/4 of the way filled with seeds i harvested fall of 08. it has chafe in it since i didn't have time to clean everything but most of it is seeds. there is a mix of foxgloves in pink, purple and white and liatris in white and purple. i'm willing to do a trade for it. what is a reasonable offer to accept for them? i have a few pics to post to give u a better idea how much is there.
thanks for ur help!! i didn't know where to ask this question so i hope i placed it in the right place.
silkie

Thumbnail by silkiechick

all together it weighs almost 2.5 pounds.

Thumbnail by silkiechick

these r 1 gal bags i had to put it in 5 of them in order to weigh them.

Thumbnail by silkiechick

i have never delt with this much bulk before so i'd like for this to be as fair a trade or sale as possible for both of us. any help would be great and really appreciated.
thank you,
silkie

this is a closer up so u can see how much is in each bag approx.

Thumbnail by silkiechick
west allis, WI(Zone 4b)

you have mail

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Those seeds would be great for anybody wanting to start a "wildflower" meadow! You could google prices for bulk wildflower seeds (attempting to compensate for chaff) and get an idea of trade value.

Hallsville, MO(Zone 5b)

I would be willing to trade (10) 3" & (6) 4" Cow Pots, a $7.00 value. I would trade the seeds to people to where your total weight of seeds and package is JUST under 1 lb for shipping ease, since shipping cost are crazy! That is what I will be willing to do for a trade? What do you think?

Brian Rickard
P.O. Box 133
Hallsville, MO 65255

Thumbnail by celtic_wyndes_f

thanks everyone for ur replies.

critter, as always that was very helpful, thank you!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

You're welcome! Hope you arranged for some nice goodies. That's a heck of a lot of seeds!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Whoever buys or trades for this bucket of seeds, please post pictures of the planted results? Am curious why you would not separate your seeds as you were harvesting them. I can see somebody spreading them in an open field or meadow. That's a lot of seeds! I guess since I'm a newbie to planting by seeds, I'm in for a lot of surprizes..useful tips and a lot of useful knowledge and I'm hanging in there for it all! Beautify the roadsides!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.