Finding The Parentage of Irises Online?!

Hebron, KY

I recently joined the American Iris Society (AIS), Tall Bearded Iris Society (TBIS) and Historic Iris Preservation Society (HIPS).

Can I check online the parentage of Irises, as I was able to with the Daylily Society online?

Thanks for helping a newbie!

Marilyn

South Hamilton, MA

I think there is a fee involved. I have the printed checklists so haven't looked into it. Go to the AIS site & I'm sure that you will find instructions.

Hebron, KY

I guess I'll have to start buying the checklists. Thanks!

Lebanon, OR

I have both...the on line is only one year behind the books...

Fee is $10.00 per year and truthfully worth every penny of it.

D

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

You can download electronic versions of the 1959-1989 Check Lists for free from:

http://www.irisregister.com/

If you want access to the searchable database (same website), there is a small annual fee. Just follow the directions on the website to gain access. It is WELL worth the access fee!

Laurie

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Definitely well worth the access fee of 10.00. If you want it soon, apply now, though. It takes quite awhile to get your password. Keep in mind everyone that does something like this for these iris societies are volunteers.

This message was edited Feb 7, 2009 8:43 PM

Hebron, KY

Might just have to do the online version! Thanks for all your help everyone!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I refer to the online version regularly. Wouldn't be without it. I like the daylily one, too. Sometimes it has pictures. Not the iris one, however. But we have DG for that! Post your pictures on DG folks so we can all see them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.