CLOSED: Spring Seed Trades

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

It's that time again!
I am seeking veggies, herbs & edibles for the local Land Trust & their community gardeners. Last year I was able to donate a nice box of seeds for the many garden plots in the nearby city of New Haven. I am also seeking annual flower seeds for myself. So anything goes, with the exception of non-hardy or tropical plants. I will also trade for postage, if you don't have anything to trade.
I will mail in a bubble mailer. They now count this as a package, so the postage will be higher. Please choose at least 3 items, to make up for this.
Enjoy!
Julie

Amaranthus – red, gold
Asclepias – tropical milkweed
Asparagus
Castor Bean
Coreopsis – Perennial tickseed, striped tickseed
Datura – large white
Dianthus – Pink
Four O'Clock – tri-color
Hibiscus – tropical large pink
Hollyhock – tall pink
Hyacinth Bean Vine - purple
Ipomoea – mixed
Liatris – purple Gayfeather
Melampodium
Platycodon – Balloon flower - blue, dwarf blue
Portulaca - mix
Rose Campion
Salvia – red
Sweet Pea – Perennial pink
Sweet William – mix

Edited seed list~

This message was edited Feb 18, 2009 8:24 PM

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

Hello Julie,

I have veggies and would be interested in Echinops ritro and Talinum paniculatum. I am also looking for some asparagus varieties - what variety do you have seeds for?

~Amanda

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

I don't know the asparagus variety - It may be Martha Washington, but we also have a faster growing unknown variety, that seems to produce a LOT of seed each year. You are welcome to them, of course!

hi julie
i would love to send you an assortment of seeds that i have..mainly annuals and veggies. no trade needed
do you want melons..i will include those if you do
let me know?
pam sue

Langley, WA(Zone 8b)

Julie, given the time commitment involved with growing aparagus I'm only looking for particular varieties, but I'd love seeds for Echinops ritro and Talinum paniculatum so just let me know if I have anything that you'd be interested in.

~Amanda

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

dmailing you Pamsue - There must be something I can send to you!
Also Amanda~

Chesapeake, VA

Julie,
I'll send some seeds. For my 3 choices, can I have Money plant, Sea Holly, and Amaranthus?

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

dmailing you too Brightstar~

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I have lots of herbs. Some vegetables for the community garden. I will dmail you.
Robin

Chesapeake, VA

Update: it will be at least a week before I send my package off. I'm waiting until the local farmer store gets their salsify seeds in. I have some, but they are from last year, and I wanted to send fresh seeds.

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

Dmailing BrightStar -
Robin - Herbs are welcome too!

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

I still have seeds available!
Julie

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I would be glad to send you some tomatoe seeds and carrot seeds, supercayene pepper, egg plant, green beans two kinds, if you are doing a community project I will donate for cause..Debra

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

dmailing you Debra - I appreciate it! But there must be something I can send to you~

Hey Julie, I have a million seeds.. no worry about a trade.. anything I can do to help a community cause is enough in return for me.. will get your package together tonight and send off tommorrow.. God Bless
Debra

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

That is so sweet - I appreciate each & every seed that people have sent for the Land Trust folks :)
But I will get your postage just the same~

Julie, I could not find you in the address exchange, could you dmail me your address please? Thanks, debra

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

THANK YOU!!!!!
I truly appreciate all the wonderful seeds that everyone has sent to me for the Land Trust Community Gardeners. I now have a generous stash of veggie & herb seeds to donate to the cause, & you all have helped me in doing this. With the current economic situation, we all know this will be a tough year for a lot of people. Perhaps we will make it a little bit better for some folks...
ONE SEED AT A TIME :)

Thanks again - & see you next year!
Julie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.