Second barn cat

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

We have known for a while that there has been a cat visiting at the barn. We already have 1 barn cat named Quigly. He's a pretty fella. We wanted to get another to cat to keep him company and help him with his work. So when the other cat started visiting we weren't upset. We caught glimpses and knew it was a female as it was a gray calico. Then she started sleeping in Quigg's bed. He prefers to sleep in the hay so she didn't boot him out or anything. Whenever we come to the barn she makes herself scarce. Today it was so cold she decided she would stick around and trust us. We put the food out and both of them ate like they were starving. Hunting must be slim in all this ice and snow. She let me pet her and she was rubbing on my hand and purring. She is not a calico but a gray tabby that looks like Quigg's but she has no white on her. For sure a girl though and unless I miss my guess, she will be having a litter of kittens. I don't mind feeding cats as long as they keep the barn free of rats. I'd rather feed a clean cat than a dirty rat every day of the week. Here they are before I served seconds. I'll have to get a bigger bowl. LOL We are calling her Mineu ( me new ). It's a popular cajun name for cats.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!