February, 2009

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Where did that first month go? We are now into month 2 of a new year. It sounds as tho we are all planning as much gardening as possible. Some of you are talking about winter sowing. I won't even try starting seeds until March. I have no place to put them anyway.

It is still very cold outside but sunny. I have to feed the wild birds much more frequently. I'll have to buy more sunflower seeds this month. 2 of the favorite feeders are gallon milk jugs with a whole in each side.

Everyone be sure to check the RU thread. It will be May 9th at my house.

GOD bless & keep each of you.

Eunice, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the heads up on the RU.
My birds are eating too much also. I slip and slide to the feeders to fill them. I will be so glad when this white stuff is gone. I have the seed in five gallon pickle buckets next to the trees that the feeders hang in. It saves me having to haul seed everywhere. Some of my feeders just get filled with hen scratch from the feed store. The birds must like it because I fill those feeders just as often as the rest of them. It saves a fortune on seed. I just go buy a 50 pound bag of hen scratch every week.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Kathy, there are products available that fit onto the bottom of your shoes which will prevent many slips. One is called YakTraks. About $20 I think. Worth every penny of it. A tip from a coworker that probably saved another fall is putting rubber bands around your shoes. 2 or 3 is all you need. I made sure all my children & their spouses & children had them or something like them but failed to get any for myself. I dropped hints at Christmas but no one listened to me.

GOD bless & keep each of you. I hope to see everyone at the RU.

Eunice, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks leaflady I will look into it.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Hey I just made new forum already!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Sorry, Rusty. It was far enoughdown on the list of threads that it didn't shownup on my screen. I should have scrolled down. Then I would have seen it. Everyone please go to Rusty's. I thought it was unsual that she hadn't started one yet.

Eunice, MO(Zone 5b)

Say I just wanted to pop in and tell you that I got the yak traks and they are fantastic! The ice hung around for a few more days and I got around like it wasn't even there. It was so much nicer carrying wood into the house without worrying about falling on my behind between the house and the wood pile. Everyone should own a pair. Remeber there are climatologists who claim we are headed for another ice age LOL. They are still arguing with the ones who are claiming global warming so be prepared for anything.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL!! That's great that you got them and that you like them. They have been lifesavers for me since I live on a hill.

Looks to me like we are on a teeter-totter between the Ice Age and Global Warming.

April

Eunice, MO(Zone 5b)

Can I be on the warm side?

ME TOO!

I want to move somewhere where I can grow Avocados and Grapefruit and Oranges and Pineapples and beautiful flowers all year round outside.

April

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Ladies, we need to all get together on Rusty's thread to avoid tension. I shouldn't have started a threat. Rusty's was already started but I hadn't scrolled down far enough to find it. Thanks for replying to mine tho.

Humansville, MO

hi all
ok elle

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.