Here in Northeastern Ohio

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

My SIL sent me an Email proving to me that winter is coming to an end.Massillon is only about 35 miles from us.
Here's what she sent:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Synda,

Winter is almost over in MASSILLON, Ohio ; we can see the deer moving around now.

Thumbnail by synda
(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

That is TOTALLY hilarious!!! LOL.. thanks for the laugh :)

Chris

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Wow!!!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

The Cleveland news said the month of January we got 40.5 inches of snow putting this year in second place for our record #1 was in 1978 and there 42.6 inches.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

That certainly is a lot of snow... I've seen that pic before too. I thought to myself... Boy, i hope they can find food.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

I love the caption that accompanies the photo! : )
WIB,
SW

Edinburg, TX

That is soooooooooooo cool!!! Thanks for the grin!

~ Cat

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Nice pic, but I'd bet it's a fake ;-)

Resin

Edinburg, TX

Well, if it's fake at least they were smart enough to fake the shadows too :o) Either way, it's a cool pic.

~ Cat

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S413731.shtml?cat=1

This message was edited Feb 3, 2009 11:04 PM

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank you for clearing that up.I never wanted to cause a stir,I just stated I received it in an email and I thought it was neat.Some people take too much to heart .Make life fun and keep it light and simple.Everybody would get along much better.

Thank you daylilydreams!

~SYNDA

The photo is a fun picture and my entire family enjoyed it, amazing how animals cope with mother nature and snow. Sorry if it upset you with the website post that was not my intention.

This message was edited Feb 3, 2009 11:07 PM

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Well I could understand if I had posted it as look at the pic I took.But I stated it was an Email.FOR FUN in this yucky cold snowy winter that we live in.We have to find something to amuse ourselves or we go crazy with cabin fever.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

I am now VERY glad that I do not now, or ever, ever plan on living in Manitoba. (It is bad enough that I have "zone envy" so badly for those that live in zones 10+.)

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Juneybug,you and me both,Ohio is bad enough!!!!!!! I also have the evny but I'd even settle for zone 8+...LOL.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I need that happy medium... say zone7 or higher for winter and zone 4 for summer.

I used to live in Iowa and have seen snowdrifts that were above our front door! It was my first winter there and almost became my last. I thought people were CRAZY to live in weather like that! Little did I know that I would spend the next 22 years in Iowa and actually get used to the snow LOL.

But I did finally come to my senses and now live in OK, zone 7 ^_^

Chris

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

I guess no matter where you live there is something bad to put up with.Here we have these yucky cold snowy winters,other have tornados,or hurricanes,or wild fires.So we all have good and bad.

But at least you can outrun the tornadoes LOL

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Heck I'd be like Dorothy in the Wizard of OZ...LOL

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

OMG! ROTFLMAO!

The photo is adorable and the comment is hysterical!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I got this picture too and had to laugh.

Resin, I am not sure that this one is fake. At Christmas we had about 40" of snow on the ground and the deer tracks showed where they were dragging their bodies through the snow.

Northern MI gets much more snow than we do. (They laugh that we measure in inches) I was in the UP (upper peninsula) one year and saw some vacant houses that only thier roofs were showing. And BTW, they don't ever have a snow day from school. LOL

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Here is a picture, that I took of my mom's very large yellow lab in the snow a couple years ago.

Thumbnail by cpartschick
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

OMG!!! LOL

Of course our little minpin had a frightful time with the foot of snow we got last week!

This message was edited Feb 6, 2009 9:53 PM

Edinburg, TX

cparts...that yellow lab photo is priceless!!!

nanny...you could lose a minpin in snow like that :o)

Am sure glad it doesn't snow in the deep south tip of Texas!!!

~ Cat

This message was edited Feb 7, 2009 3:50 PM

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

LOL, cpartschick! Great pic.

It's amazing how the animals are able to get through all of that snow in the 1st place.

cpartschick, I sure hope it didn't snow any more at your house after that pic was taken. A few more inches of snow and that dog would be in big trouble.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Yeah, that was a couple years ago in March, that is when we get the real heavy stuff.

If we have a lot of snow and get more it is not as bad as if it falls all at once. And the picture of the lab is an early March picture and we got most of it in one day. Otherwise it is settled and you can walk on most of it.

We make trails (which the deer follow) in the woods and it makes walking easy all winter. It is just that my mom's dog (silly thing) decided to make her own trail, as you can see, it didn't work. LOL

Edinburg, TX

Was looking through the Pet Forum and found someone has posted this link.

Hope this works...it's a video clip of a dog playing in the snow. It's hilarious!

http://www.dogwork.com/dogsnow/

~ Cat

This message was edited Feb 8, 2009 8:59 PM

OMG!!!! I'm ROFLMAO! I love how he comes to the steps of the porch, just begging for his owner to come out and play with him! Then off he goes and the only way to tell where he is.. is to watch for the snow caving in!
You'd think he'd be worn out, but he just keeps going back for more!

thanks for the link!

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

LOL, that dog sure is having fun!

Edinburg, TX

I'm amazed he can even breath. He disappears for several moments under all that snow! Even the person who took that video loses him a time or two! It's fun to watch him though :o) and amazing how he can find his way back to the shoveled path!

~ Cat

Marlton, NJ

Wow that is hysterical!!! Thanks Cat!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.