Spring RU-09-Food

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

The RoundUp will be a potluck so we ask that everyone brings food or drinks.

EvaMae is planning on grilling chicken for lunch. She will also have oil if you need to deep fry something. I don't know what I will bring yet. I usually do desert unless I come up with something better.

Please post on this thread what you plan on bringing and I will edit this post as we go along to help everyone keep up with the menu.

Leaflady: chicken, condiments, silverware, cups, baked potatoes-maybe

creekwalker: potato salad

happgarden: vegtable tray with dips

pepper23: drinks maybe, a pie, peanut butter strawberry bars

This message was edited May 5, 2009 7:56 PM

This message was edited May 6, 2009 10:32 AM

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Lets have lots of salads, both fruit & veggie, so we don't over stuff our selves.

I'm hoping some of that wonderful steak shows up. Hint, hint, Allen. lol

Rich moist yummy cakes, pies and crunches are good too.

This message was edited Feb 26, 2009 3:35 PM

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Anna, please dmail me. I want to make a suggestion without causing a big stir again. lol

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I let you know about suggestion... I will dmail you sooner as I have make my mind up for 3 choices! lol...

Benton County, MO(Zone 5a)

I might be able to bring some of my "famous" potato salad. lol Not sure how famous it is, but some people like it who don't like potato salad normally. :-)

Look forwards to meeting you and trying your potato salad!!!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Tetley, we haven't heard from you. Are you going to make it? It woudln't be the same without you.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I bring Cream Cheese Pie (it good like cheesecake)...

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

That sounds great to me. I love old fashion baked New York style cheesecake.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

What if I bring a vegtable tray with dips.....

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

A veggie tray sounds good to me.

Sounds good to me too. Love to snack on them when waiting for the real food to get done. lol

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

No posts here for a month. Scary. I would like an update so I know how to fill in the menu. So far we have veggie tray & dips, potato salad(maybe as Debra has to work til 1 pm), cheesecake, some desserts, I'm doing grilled chicken leg quarters & maybe Aldi's polish or smoked sausages, & ????.

I need to know also so I can help fill in the needed areas. I saw I put down for drinks. Does anyone want to bring some pop? I think EvaMae has some Tang so we can also have that to drink.

EvaMae, do you have an ice tea maker to make tea with? I can make that when I get there or I can make some here and bring it. I have a pitcher or two that I can use for traveling.

Does anyone want salad? Regular salad? Or a different type?

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

No, I don't have a tea maker since I don't drink tea & Jack only used lemon instant tea.

Any type salad sounds good. I'm thinking of making a jiffy ambrosia which is canned tropical type fruits with fresh banana slices & orange juice concentrate or sour cream as a dressing. It is so easy & quick to make.

GOD bless you & yours. I'll be glad to get this over with. lol

Does someone need to bring paper plates? I can do that if needed.

Ok, all together I'm bringing ice, some pop, iced tea, pie, strawberry bars, and paper plates.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Creekwalker, can you do some plastic silverware & plastic glasses? I think service for 2 dozen would be enough. I have a lot of odds and ends of the real thing if anyone would rather do that kind. I also have probably all the serving pieces we would need.

Oh, EvaMae, I have my friend from the Marshall area bringing salad.

Humansville, MO

how albout oatmeal cook
made by dave
since i got to work today
we had a bad storme this moring
everything here is ok
how about every one eles
elle

I can bring the plastic silverware and glasses EvaMae. :-)

We got LOTS of rain here this morning! :o I am really glad this wasn't the morning of our get together. :o I wouldn't have been able to come. There are creeks that flood in between here and Cole Camp and I know they were flooding this morning. I am praying for dry cool weather tomorrow. :-)

And Elle, those oatmeal cookies sound wonderful, but I might not get any. :-( I can't stay late.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I am still in OKCity meetings didn't go well, computers failed. Changed my flight back to Sunday so I won't be home for the RU.
Now I remember why I don't like going on these trips.
Hope everyone has a great time and I am so sad I am going to miss it again.
I really enjoyed the first one and wish I was going to be there.
I am so sorry.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.