Healthy Living Lifestyle Jan 31 - Feb 7th

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

The first month of a new year is gone. GONE! Where did it go & what did we learn & do during this span of time that will make us healthier people? I think I mostly wasted it eatingwise. But now the house is pretty well cleaned out. Unless I found something else.

We ran out of water yesterday morning right after I had bathed and dressed for work. Kyle has checked it all out as far as he is able and has a plumber coming at 9:30 this morning. He says it is either bad wiring going to the pump or the 1 HP pump has fianlly been worked to dead. When it was put in 6 or 7 years ago there was only one household & no livestock. It replaced a 1 1/2 HP pump. Kyle wants to go to a 3HP if possible($$$)so the pump won't be worked so hard. It is now serving 2 households & a herd of cattle plus some horses & burros. Please keep this very costly matter in your prayers.

One of my children is in need of a special touch from the LORD. I'm not free to discuss it, but it is health related. GOD knows all about it so I would appreciate any prayers in this child's behalf. This is a very serious life threatening situation that is reversible. It just surfaced & was diagnosed last week & I learned of it last night.

My eating this morning was probably at bit high in carbs but the protein was ok. I have 1 leg quarter left in the fridge I will do something with today.

Temps are suppose to get into the 60s today so when it hits the '50s all the critters but old Frankie will go outside for awhile. I don't know why I call him old, he lacks a few years of being as old as Angelina & Kelly.

Debbie, it is good to see you posting again. GOD & time will help you & your faily work thru the pain of grief. Don't let yourself get so wrapped up in helping your mother that you neglect your own needs to grieve and spend time alone & with other family members. That is an easy trap to fall into.

Kim, we know better than to expect to lose #s every week. It is a long process that has its ups and downs. Just hang tight to your healthy eating and the weight will come off. We all have times when we over eat or eat something loaded in bad empty calories. Sometimes we just have to use Phase 2 or a bulk laxative in some forms(there are capsules & chewable tablets)we can make use of. they get us thru the rough spots. Remember tomake good use of the free meals or days & drink plenty of calorie free liquids.

For those of us with physical limitations there are always isometric exersises, the old fashion calathentics of some forms, chair exercises like the elderly and disabled use, rebounding in the beginning bounce where our feet never leave the surface of the rebounder(tramboline in old fashion terminology)or walking in place. Just swinging our arms & legs, lifting them up and down when sitting, etc. all offer some exercise that gets the blood moving, keeps joints from freezing up, and does increase the heart rate to some degree. Try lying on your bed, if it is large enough, or floor & make 'angels' like you would in the snow. Forget the extreme exercise gurus who say it is work up a sweat or nothing.

I seem to have brain freeze at the moment so I'll just ~~~~~ to everyone . BBL GOD bless & keep each of you.

This thread has 28 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!