Lawnmower in greenhouse?

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

My husband would like to take up some of the floor space in the greenhouse we are thinking of building so he can get the lawnmower out of the garage. Is this safe? I hope to grow edibles in it. (I will get a bigger greenhouse if I say yes.)

Tks, C4

Edited to add: it is gasoline powered.

This message was edited Jan 30, 2009 2:06 PM

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

It might be safe, but I'd be raising all sortsa heck about having that thing in my greenhouse... after I got the larger one, of course!

Seriously though, they have diesel, kerosene and Liquid Propane heaters - I can't see how gas could be any worse.

I'm thinking he can put in on the north wall, and maybe box in the area with a separate low door. I could use the area above it for shelves for tools, etc. I hadn't thought about the heaters, this just might work. Thanks for the input.

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Good luck getting the bigger one!

Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

The handle should fold down enough to store it under a shelf, out of the way. =)

Oh boy, I'm getting excited, I forgot the handle folds down, too. I can't get down on the floor anymore anyway, planned to use it to store my tomato stakes, etc.

Muncie, IN(Zone 5b)

It might rust it up real bad with all that humidity in there.

Hmm, I'm not sure it would be much worse than St. Louis humidity, but it is something to consider. Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.