Wanted Wisteria sinensis Vine Plant

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

My D's SO really wants one of these so I thought I'd get one for Valentine's Day. Anybody have some small ones they would sell or trade? I'd like 2 if possible. (its the one on my "want list"
Thanks
mj

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

You might investigate how they'll do in your area first...I seem to recall reading on another thread somewhere that they don't do well in FL (too much heat/humidity in the summer I think). And if by some chance they are happy, they tend to get way too happy and become huge and hard to control, as well as being invasive. Wisteria frutescens is a much better choice--not sure if it likes Florida any better than W. sinensis does, but at least if it thrives it'll be much better behaved and not invasive.

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

mjs you may want to post this in the plant trade thread to get more response. Hope you get it, never hurts to try something new even if some don't have good results with it you just might......

Well, he looked at all the pics and this is the one he kept saying looked like what he'd seen. He's a utility forester and "has a mean chain saw"....if needed............

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL yes I know what you mean. But I can tell you from experance "Roundup" does a real good job too.......you go mj.......LOL..........I loved the "Mean chain saw bit" been there done that to.........

I don't pull out the RU until I just have to since it is soooo expensive and I have to wait until a very calm day. Sometimes that can be a while since I am so close to the gulf, so I try other methods but the RU so far has never failed.

Dee

Yeah, once, when he started cutting open Grapefruits from the "pink grapefruit tree" and they were all white, he walked to the barn, took out the chain saw and cut it down!!!!!!!!!!!
He did warn me first..........."Hey hon...you don't like White Grapefruit either do you??????

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh My Gosh...........that is just tooo good. Sounds like my other half...........LOLOLO

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

a saearch on Dave's great plant scout .. under products above yielded these for sale
Wisteria sinensis (Purchase) Katz Kuntry Kuttins Plants
WISTERIA SINENSIS (Purchase) Laurel Creek Trees (formerly Laurel Creek Nursery) Plants
Wisteria sinensis (Purchase) Thompson and Morgan (US) Seeds
Wisteria sinensis (Purchase) Rarexoticseeds Seeds
wisteria sinensis (Purchase) Southern Pine Perennials Plants
Wisteria sinensis (Purchase) Forestfarm Plants
Wisteria sinensis 'Alba' (Purchase) Zone 9 Tropicals (Zone9Tropicals.com) Plants
Wisteria sinensis 'Alba' (Purchase) Rarexoticseeds Seeds

Gordon,
thanks!!! I'll be checkin these out!

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

you do not want to grow it from seed it can take up 20 years to bloom lol find a garden center close to you and buy one with blooms on it, may cost you but one will do as much as 5 vines of anything else it get real big so no need for two and once you have one if you want more you can take cutins in the fall from new growth when you trim it

my friend bought one three feet tall and it had a small trunk on it and six years later she is still hoping every spring for just one blooms lol I have patience but that is to much for even me to wait for

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.