Petey Kelly has bloomed!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

My big Epiphyllum 'Petey Kelly' has put forth one blossom. I got this orchid cactus at the flower show last March. I bought it from the exhibitor who won a ribbon with it. He didn't want to cart it back home so he sold it to me. Petey was covered with blooms and buds. Now I have just one flower but what a flower! I love my cactus!
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

What a beautiful flower.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Congrats! Lookin good!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Congrats, thats like sunshine and a breath of fresh air!!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

An update: There are 4 more buds! can't wait for them to come out!
Martha

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Looking forward to seeing some more pics of your cactus. Very pretty and a welcome sight instead of the winter white outside of every window.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Here is a "chase the winter blues" picture for you! This is my bougainvillea which only blooms in the winter time for some reason. It has been like this for the last month. It also sits outside all summer growing green leaves. It's down the window from Petey.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Here's a closeup.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Nice bracts! I used to have a boug years ago ..... Now I want one again!! I should get another!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Martha thats beautiful! Thank you for sharing that...lovely color!!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

This was a sale plant from my local nursery. Some people actually treat these like annuals and just put them in for the summer and let the winter take them. i couldn't do that! My daughter loves it because it is pink! I have a red hibiscus blooming in my dining room at the moment. my pink one bloomed last week.
Martha

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Good for you, Martha!! My hibiscus have been flowering, too .... And, I am with you .... I could never treat that as an annual either!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.