January BINGO 3

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/944396/#new

Today's Bingo Picks:
36. Streptocarpus – Cathedral Window
48. Streptocarpus – Space Dust

Does anyone have any pictures of these (or any of the other calls)? I for one wouldn't mind seeing pix!

Previous calls:
Jan 15: 47. Streptocarpus Northwoods Frosted Moonshine, 59. AV Kei-Yoki. Bonus call: 74. AV Tiny Wood Trail
Jan 16: 3. Hoya serpens, 18. Alsobia Chiapas
Jan17: 46. Streptocarpus Museum of Art, 70. AV S. magungensis var. minima Bonus Call: 38. Streptocarpus Dracula’s Shadow
Jan 18: 1. Hoya diptera, 65. AV Orchid Trail. Bonus Calls 21. Aeschynanthus Tiger Stripe , 29. Episcia Strawberry Patch
Jan 19: 28. Episcia Silver Skies, 67. AV Rob's Chilly Willy
Jan 20: 17. Chirita Tamiana, 53. AV Crimson Ice Bonus Call: 44. Streptocarpus Kakitubata
Jan 21: 45. Streptocarpus Lemon Frills, 57. AV Honeysuckle Rose
Jan 22: 9. Kohleria Bristol’s Irish Summer, 22. Episcia Blue Water
Jan 23: 34. Streptocarpus Black Panther, 39. Streptocarpus Franken Dainty Lady
Jan 24: 50. AV Alamo Flame, 73. AV Texas Space Dust Bonus Call: 42. Streptocarpus Franken Velvet Lady
Jan25 8. Kohleria Bristol’s Frosty, 56. AV Galactic Storm, Bonus Call: 31. Streptocarpus Achilles
Jan 26: 19. Alsobia San Miguel, 33. Streptocarpus Black Gardenia
Jan 27: 26. Episcia cupreata ‘Metallica’, 51. AV Blackberry Jam
Jan 28: 60. AV – Kentucky Strawberries, 55. AV – Evangeline Bonus Call: 64. AV – Montgomery Silver Frost
Jan 29: 36. Streptocarpus – Cathedral Window, 48. Streptocarpus – Space Dust
Jan 30: 66. AV – Pat Champagne, 49. Streptocarpus – Texas Hot Chili
Jan 31: 5. Petrocosmra - Momo, 4. Petrocosmea - HT2
Feb 1: 75. AV – Wrangler's Pink Patches, 20. Aeschynanthus - Frostfire, Bonus Call 43. Streptocarpus – Joker
Feb 2: 15. Chirita – Aiko, 32. Streptocarpus – Aly’s Magnetosphere
Feb 3: 10. Kohleria – Bristol’s Possibly Bronze, 12. Columnea – Lava Flow
Feb 4: 7. Nemantanthus – Ubatuba, 69. AV – Rob's Mad Cat

This message was edited Jan 29, 2009 4:50 PM

This message was edited Jan 30, 2009 5:50 PM

This message was edited Jan 31, 2009 10:08 AM

This message was edited Feb 1, 2009 9:28 AM

This message was edited Feb 1, 2009 4:29 PM

This message was edited Feb 2, 2009 10:28 AM

This message was edited Feb 4, 2009 10:28 AM

This message was edited Feb 4, 2009 10:41 AM

This message was edited Feb 4, 2009 10:46 AM

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Space Dust

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I borrowed from the Gesneriad Society just for the game.......she is pretty
Cathedral Windows

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Gail!

Have you guys seen this? http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090129/ap_on_re_us/winter_storm

This message was edited Jan 29, 2009 1:24 PM

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

It's terrible! I'm a little worried, but I think she was prepared for something like this. Besides, don't forget, she's got "the Recipie"!

Here ya go!! Super easy!!
3 cups water
3 cups sugar
Boil water and sugar for 10 minutes, remove from heat and add 1/2 C instant coffee crystals, 1 qt vodka. Once coffee is dissolved pour into glass container--add 1 whole vanilla bean. Wait 21 days (hardest part of the whole recipe) shaking occasionally and then drink. I double this recipe and add 1.75L vodka(cheapest I can find)-- this is a little less than 2 qts--but it is still good and PLENTY potent.--a double recipe makes 1 gal 16oz.
Enjoy, Tommie (btw I have made 3 double batches this season--)

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Oh, yes! I forgot about the recipie!!! Still haven't stopped by the liquor store . . .

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hey, did you folks notice there's an African Violet article today? ;-)

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2147/

Thanks to begoniacrazii, hillbilly_gran, and m3rma1d, there are some cool photos of the micromini 'Teeny Bopper' at the bottom. :-)

Next month, I've got an article on the schedule with grooming tips for those trailers. The plant I tore apart as a demo has already forgiven me with a dozen or more new blooms this week!

I'm hoping the articles will bring some curious folks over to this forum. :-)

Phoebe, didn't I see a similar recipe using strong brewed coffee? I'll have to check over at the recipe forum... want to make some of that and also some limoncella (everclear with lemons)... I hear it's better the longer it sits, so I'm thinking Christmas gifts for next year! I need to get to the liquor store... such looks I'll get, buying all that cheap vodka and everclear... LOL

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Lushes today are we??

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Critter--Read your article and viewed all the pics at 3am! (insomnia struck again!) Very informative!
FYI--that is Gran's recipie--she shared it with us at Christmas. Hope she stocked up!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

FYI- didn't mean to offend anyone. I don't drink because I don't like it for one thing and my tummy bleeds if I take a drink also.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Today?!? Pffft!

Critter - I did read your article. Although I try to deny it, I read all of your articles! Like I told you one time, it costs me $$ when I read your articles!

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

You didn't offend me! Would take more than that!

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the new thread!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL, Syrumani. Does that make me a good enabler? I'll be happy to send you a few leaves to try, in spring. :-)

Thanks for the compliment, Phoebe... I guess I'm sorry the article didn't put you to sleep, though. Insomnia is no fun! I was up late last night myself, and I'm all sluggy today because of it.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

I am familiar with "sluggy"! UGH!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Oh, critter, thanks for the offer, but I've got PLENTY of leaves already! I'm going to have to trade/sell alot of them in the next month or two, once we decide which apartment to move into! I'll have to take a picture when I get home . . . well, a few pictures more like . . . I'll post them on the other thread. I can honestly say, though - It's all critter's fault!!!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Great article, Critter. I'll have to try some trailers one of these days.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OK, somebody please alert me when they see Syrumani's plants going up on Marketplace! I'm hoping to "upsize" this spring, as my collection has downsized considerably the last couple of years. :-)

Digger, I can always get extra leaves off my trailers, if you're interested... I'll have to put up a thread this spring, looking for trades! I'm glad you liked the article.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I missed something somewhere. What is the "Recipe" a recipe for? Sounds good but I probably shouldn't try it. LOL Lou

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Critter - I'd let you know myself, but I think that might be mistaken as self-promotion! ^_^

Lou - the "recipie" is for homemade kahlua.

I actually spoke with Tommie this morning! She is in good spirits, but no power. Her DH and neighbor is working on melting the drive (which is pretty long, from what I understand!) - each working from either end. She hopes to get "out" by end of day. They are looking at borrowing a generator, but she does have the wood stove, etc. I told her at least she doesn't have to worry about the food going bad with the power out. She said it's all out on the front porch!

She is going to email me the call list, so I can make the calls past today - if there are no objections. If there are, I'm sure someone else can be found to make the calls . . .

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Today's Bingo Picks:

66. AV – Pat Champagne
49. Streptocarpus – Texas Hot Chili

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Here's a thread from the recipe forum... the coffee liquor recipe I recalled is pasted into a post about 3/4 of the way down the thread (do "find" for "coffee"), and most of the thread is about making limoncello (lemon liquor). There are some other recipes for strawberry liquor & cranberry cordial.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/760056/

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Syrumani, I think that since I asked, you could Dmail me with no AUP conflict at all... If you happen to think of it, I'd appreciate a heads-up! Thanks!

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Did you say KAHLUA!!!???
I'm really not a 'drinker'...but Kahlua is the ONE THING I do drink.

Where the heck do I find a vanilla bean, though?
Remember, I live in 'Podunkville, Wisconsin'!!(Ü)

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Is anybody getting close to bingo? (I'm not).I was just curious.
Lynn

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

i still need 7
bonnie

I need 8.
Lynn

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

I asked at my local grocery store and they got if for me in 3 days.
It used to be real popular to put a vanilla bean in the sugar bowl to make "vanilla sugar" for coffee.

Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Lynn, You and I are neck and neck...I need 8 also! This is getting exciting!
Sarah

Sarah,
This is the fun part! Last game I needed 1 for 3 days and never got it.You never know.
Lynn

Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

I didn't have to worry about that last time. I ended up needing quite a few, so I guess I didn't have the anticipation that you did. I'm sorry how the last game ended up for you. Maybe this time will be more lucky!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

There's a "vanilla" thread over in the recipe forum too, with various sources for beans (different $)... Wisconsin has lots of Penzeys stores, so you may not be as far from great vanilla as you think. www.penzeys.com

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I haven't received an email from Hillbilly_Gran with the Bingo pix, so I came up with a temporary calling method. I put the number/name of each remaining plant on a slip of paper, wadded each up, and put them in a jar. Then, I shook the jar real good, then had each of the kids draw a wadded paper from the jar. Hope nobody minds . . . it should be temporary until Tommie gets back.

Today's Bingo Picks:

5. Petrocosmea - Momo
4. Petrocosmea - HT2

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

That last call gave me one more and leaves me waiting with 12 more to go.
:( :( :(

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I still need 10 imadigger so don't feel sad and alone.

I'm at 7.
Don't worry Sarah.I'll have lots of fun whether I ever win or not ^_^.
Lynn

Highland, IL

Hey, I got one!! You just let those kids pick all they want!! Tell them, GREAT JOB!! I need 9!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Fun!

I didn't get one today, but I think I've got 9 left also... look out, 9 is my lucky number! LOL

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Good call ^_^

(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey you guys are doing good! I thought for sure there would be bingo everytime I check in. I still need 14. : { so don't feel so bad! tish

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.