Invitation To Crafts and Decorating Forum / Dollhouse thread

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I have been working on an addition to my original 9 room dollhouse. I have the pictures in Crafts and Decorating forum, "Does anyone do dollhouses or minatures thread".
I don't know how to post the link. Please come and visit my "little world" over there!

This is the music room of the new dollhouse addition.

Jeanne

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Jeanne, how adorable! It looks like the chandelier really works! I got my Talia a big wooden dollhouse for Christmas, and she loves playing with it. It also has a chandelier, but it doesn't work. I will go look at the other forum.

Yokwe,
Shari

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Shari, I bet Talia will really love making accessories for it. They are so much fun.
My youngest granddaughter really loves hers! We built it for her for Christmas also.

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

inside the "Allison"

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

So fun! Only limited by your imagination.

Yokwe,
Shari

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

That's for sure.....and yes the chandelier works. I've been making little books and food items out of pictures of magazines glued to thick cardboard. They came out really cute.

Toothpaste lids make great lamp shades or trash cans. Lamp finials make great lamp bases. There's so much you can find to make things out of.

Did Talia's house come with furniture? The Fisher Price Loving Family furniture fits in ours. Is her's 1/12 scale or Barbie size? They are both cute and easy to make things for. Can't wait to see a picture!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Her's is Barbie size at the moment. Those most of the inhabitants are fairy horses, and Disney princesses. It is getting lots of use!

Isn't it interesting how everyone "sees" things differently? You see things to use for your miniatures, I see things to use in the garden...a broken cup with a pretty design becomes the home of a small orchid. I have a friend who constantly says "oh, that would look wonderful decoupaged" (sp?)! It's all in how you look at things...

Yokwe,
Shari

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Definately. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

We made little books and some food items. We cut out the book titles from a magazine add for a book club. The food items came from sales items cut and glued to cardboard.

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Food items

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Looks like a ton-o-fun!!!!

Yokwe,
Shari

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

It was! Yesterday Mom and I made her a set of four red cannisters and four red cups out of the super sculpey for her kitchen.

My aunt is going to crochet some doilies (sp?) for our end tables.

Today I painted the harp in my music room gold. I think it looks good.

Jeanne

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I made more books, these are for my oldest granddaughter's dollhouse. I decided to do more variation on the spines and backs.

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Even tho I made 28 they barely filled up the little bookcase that I got at Michael's for a dollar! Now I need to make more! haha!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I found a few other pieces of furniture at Michael's for a dollar. I think they are so cute!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I also found these "House CD Cases" made in China, distrib. by Don Mechanic, Inc. at Michael's for $5.99. I think they will look alot cuter painted, wall papered, with little furniture in them! What do you think?

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I finally got my oldest granddaughter's dollhouse painted and wallpapered....come on over to the other thread at Crafts and Decorating and take a look!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/945739/

Jeanne

Thumbnail by Texasgal77

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.